March 20-26, 2011
A good week for movies and I started on Thursday!
59) Unstoppable. Denzel Washington is trying to stop a runaway train. Pretty awesome. My biggest qualm is with the portrayal of media coverage with shots people would NEVER have and a company that would NEVER release that much detailed information. Even non-news people can see that. Clearly Jay Pharoah was playing in my head AD NAUSEUM during the film and I couldn't stop laughing! LOL In spite of the ridiculousness, still enjoyable. 3.6 stars
60) Bachelor in Paradise. Bob Hope stars as a writer who finds himself the only bachelor in a community full of married people. He's welcomed by the women and hated by the men. Amusing enough. 3.4 stars
61) The Departed. There are no words. Awesome, awesome movie about a rat in the police department (starring every white actor ever). LOL Extremely violent so prepare yourself if you've never seen it but worth every Academy Award it was nominated for and then some. 5 stars
62) The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. Film about a psycho who vows revenge when her husband and her baby die within weeks of each other. Pretty good. I'd seen part of it before but always missed the crucial beginning. 3.8 stars
63) Inside Job. 2011 Academy Award-winning documentary about the economic collapse of the last few years. OMG eye and ear wash!! Why are there so many people in this film????????? Way too much information. 2.4 stars
64) Protocol. 1984 Goldie Hawn movie about a cocktail waitress who accidentally saves a dignitary's life and finds herself caught up in a compromise that uses her as a political pawn. Amusing enough to watch and be entertained. 3.4 stars