1) I'm turning into the person I never thought I would be... the person who never checks voicemail. It started with me missing calls and just immediately calling said person back and has morphed into me checking vms maybe once a week. SMH. Just wrong.
2) I love Rashan. I never want to spend another week without him. I didn't see him for 8 days when I went to Charlotte and Mississippi and it was TORTURE!!!! I'm so glad we don't have to do that on a regular basis anymore!!!!
3) Did y'all forget I have another blog? Pay attention! Food & fashion. To The Record Dish!
4) I love, love LOVE Duke bball!!! I have for a long time. And yet I was completely unconflicted when they played my alma mater, the illustrious Hampton University, this past Friday. HU all the way baby! I knew there was no chance but I watched the first half and the first 3 minutes of the 2nd half and I couldn't take the pain anymore. They eventually lost by 42. Ouch.
5) Every time I go to my friend's house I leave my phone or almost leave my phone. What is the problem??? I guess after we've talked for 6 hours or more straight, the last thing I want to do is talk more. *lies* It also takes me a good hour to calm down enough to sleep.
6) Sometimes I think my trainer's trying to kill me... Friday? I had to gingerly lower myself every time I wanted to get lower than standing. Such a mess.
7) Guess who got the DVR down to 4%????? MEEEEEE!! Now guess who could ignore the tv for a week? Same. I'm done with non-All-Stars Chopped and non-new Iron Chef America and non-new Throwdown.
8) Me and Rah's Valentine's Day was fab! I should post about it... add it to the list.
9) I had the most awesome week for research last week!!! I found TONS of my ancestors by searching thousands of pages of online census reports from 1870 to 1930. It's so cool! I quickly got over the fact that it being handwritten means you can't search by keywords when I kept finding familiar and unfamiliar but ancestral names!! So this was one of the cooler ones I found.
My great-great-great grandfather, Brit Hilton, is on this page!! He was once a slave who couldn't read or write but his grandson grew up to be a teacher, great-grandson became a preacher and presiding elder, same for his great-great grandson, ALL LANDOWNERS. And now two of his great-great-great granddaughters are teachers and he wouldn't be able to fathom what me and my sister do! (She's a web and graphic designer.) HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!?
10) Have I told you lately how much I don't like "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? I'm convinced the clothes and Audrey are the only reason people like that movie. Do you know how upset I was when I found out she was a #glorifiedhooker? That is not cute, ya dig?
11) I didn't get the hype of the super moon. It looked like a normal bright full moon to me. Apparently I wasn't looking at the proper time... Ah well. Remind me in 18 years, please. Thanks.
12) Sometimes I feel bad for being a hater. Then the hatee does something dumb and I think, "This. This is why. I do this for your own good." LOLOL
13) I have no patience for grown people who need to announce every weekend how drunk they are. That is foolish. Please go somewhere with that.