I'm sorry if y'all need a real post. You know I don't have the internet this week (which is killing me ever so softly...) so you get Wednesday wanderings. Know that I'm doing this because I miss you bunches! And I mean that from the bottom of my heart!! This is the Mississippi edition so you can consider it all about Mississippi... because it is. Let's start with the positive.
1) I met Nerd Girl and Pserendipity and loved it! They were so fun! In my head I'm still referring to them by their blog names. LOLOL We shut down one of Jackson's Indian restaurants. And yes we talked about y'all! Ha! The food was tasty!
2) Hold up... I'm not trying to be funny but how does a Mississippi city have MORE THAN ONE Indian restaurant!??!
3) Can you check my email for me? I really should've asked Rashan to do that Tuesday night but I didn't think of it until he was already asleep. Does that make me too much of an addict? InternetIsCrack
4) Pserendipity brought me the Ina Garten cookbook I wanted for Christmas!! Wheeee!! That is so nice! I love Ina's cookbooks. They make me feel rich! After less than 2 hours with the book I now know what to look for when shopping for caviar. *sniff* *snooty look over my non-existent reading glasses*
5) Do you have any mean grandparents? I do. Only one grandparent is living (been like that for 20 years) and she doesn't know how to talk to people, doesn't care how to talk to people or a combination. I was so nervous NG or P would have had some interaction with her meanness and I would have to apologize! Yes, she's that bad.
6) Example? Within the first 5 minutes, she said, "Ooh! You gettin fat!" and cackled. The next day she poked me in a fleshy area of my back... I am in one of the fittest states of my life. I'm coming to the realization I will probably never be a 2 again and may never be a 4 but yes, I can still wear 8s and sometimes 6s (vanity sizing LOL).......... Fat. Did I mention I'm the second smallest of her grandchildren only to my 18yo cousin? Grandma is a hater.
7) My grandma and mother snipe at each other CONSTANTLY. It is so incredibly annoying. When someone other than me (a stranger) is around, they're civil. I NEED THIS. I will only return with Stace, my sister or Rashan as a buffer and/or a hotel room.
8) I brought two movies with me but have been too agitated being around their constant fussing. IN JUST OVER 24 HOURS, Y'ALL!! God bless P & NG for getting me out of the house! I kind of forgot the movies were here. I think they're both heavy. Not exactly an escape...
9) Now that my grandma's older, her house is full of non-perishables. This doesn't work for me since my mom raised me to disdain canned foods. I know you didn't think my food snobbery was anything but learned!!! She cooked almost every night growing up. No non-veg frozen foods (no, I'm not still on that) and only beans occasionally out of a can. Boxes of mix? Yeah right. These things were always fascinating to me. Anyway, I can't eat that and I hate the grocery stores in Jackson. WholeF...? What? Chile bye. So if I really am fat when I get back to Winston-Salem, it's because I said FORGET IT and ate all the delicious-looking fat-filled food I could find between home and grandma, around the state of Mississippi and back!
10) And I haven't gotten a workout in this week... that never bodes well for 3xs a week when I don't have ONE in by Wednesday. Help me, Lord!
11) No school work or internet means I'm getting in some good Bible reading!
12) I sure wish I had another book to read that was halfway interesting and not covered in an inch of dust... i.e. had been moved in the last 3 decades since my mom lived here... I accidentally left TheHelp at home after starting it and was HURT!! I almost turned around. I half wished I'd left my phone so I'd have a valid excuse to go get it. I knew it was going to be a boring time... Got to mom's and I had only left my horrible airplane mindless chick lit. WHYYYYY?? I have AT LEAST 6 new books at my place.
13) Why did my mom try to convince me some tater tots left in the microwave here were mine? Like seriously trying to jog my memory. One, I don't save tater tots. Two, if I did I wouldn't be reheating them in the microwave. Three, HUH!?! You're gonna convince me of food I never had??? Do you know there's another person in the house????? Grandmas can't eat tater tots? Lol. That does sound funny.
14) I'd like to thank everyone on twitter for @replying me!!! Those coming to my phone really got me through! I felt so much less cut off from the world.
15) Y'all. My momma let me sleep as much as I wanted on the way to MS!! That NE.VER HAPPENS!! She used to scream on me for not "helping keep the driver awake." As a result, this was one of the best drives I've ever had down here. I should say rides because she refused all my offers to drive.
16) Did you see Mariah Carey's Christmas special? She killed it!!! But I'm still stealing her wind machine for Christmas. My gift to her stans. Mimi, you know I love your every Christmas bone but gently billowing hair for the birth of Christ? That's a bit much.
And I'm out. *drops MC glitter mic* *mariah hands*