Oops. I just realized I hadn't posted this yet... Some of you are at work cursin me!
1) Ironic tweet: Someone called "Blessed & Highly Favored" said, "We just fried an egg with vodka! Oh snap!" Why ironic? Because I know too many people who spew blessings and cursings from the same mouth. I have a hard-earned skepticism for people who call themselves things like that. Plus can we talk about how gross that sounds? Yuck.
2) I realized I'd rather buy food and go on trips than pay for a wedding. No, I'm not engaged yet but the closer I get to it, the less I want the drama associated with the day. A big or even moderate wedding? I'm talking 75+. It's not gonna happen. I'm not gonna be stressed out about inviting a bunch of people I don't want there or all these details over EIGHT HOURS!! MAX! I just can't. I'm not that person. I want a party and a pretty dress. But most of all I want a successful marriage.
3) I went to the dinner party from Hades the other night. Beautiful restaurant, the menu looked like it was up to my food snob standards (turns out the execution wasn't that great...), my sister and I looked great, AWFUL company. We were surrounded by people she knew marginally who acted like they had never eaten anywhere better than GoldenCorral. Complaining about the menu, asking for a menu in English (IT WAS IN ENGLISH, PEOPLE!!!), complaining about gratuity included in the check when there were 15 people there~~~ For real? Just tacky. I hated being seen with them.
4) Please don't let me eat cooked salmon anymore. I just don't like it. Smoked? All over it. Raw? I can take it. Cooked? Blech.
5) My mom thinks I'm crazy for all the goals I have (30 Before 30, 35 Before 35, 40 Before 40, monthly, yearly). Rashan's just amused by it. I feel like I have the type of personality that needs something to keep me on track. Otherwise I just look up weeks later and can't say I've contributed anything to my personal, professional or spiritual development. If I create just a few goals, I can get a lot more out of life.
6) Why is this MM so detailed?
7) People who use their first initial intrigue me. I always want to know what's behind that. Is your first name too hideous or too pedestrian? You just want to intrigue me? Success. Now tell me the deal.
8) I was thinking the other day about how unfair it is that women's lives get put completely on hold when they get pregnant and men's don't. If I had gotten pregnant in grad school (not possible so don't go there) and was due during the semester, it would be a problem. I would have to put all my plans on hold. And God forbid I was on bed rest. Complete plan ruination. A guy? He's as empathetic as a he can be but he gets to continue his life pretty much the same. I know there's nuance but I'm really thinking about the people in my program who are married. This may not even be their reality but it's what I'm projecting.
9) Rashan hates when I speak in Spanish at Mexican restaurants. I can't say gracias??? That's straight up hate! He just doesn't want me to find my Mexican chef husband. HATE, I say!
10) I have 7 more days standing between me and the end of the semester!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!