1) I give back my work computer this week. Let's have a moment of silence for all those games I've gotten addicted to...
2) The other day my momma said she was ready for Christmas to be over. CHILE BYE!!!! How dare you say that to me!!!
3) My mom said she doesn't feel comfortable selecting clothes for me. Yay for that! I hate getting clothes from people. I'm way too old for that and my style is ever evolving.
4) I had lost my Boyz II Men Christmas cd AGAIN until YESTERDAY!! I was ready to play it over and over again! PattiLabelle's Christmas = AWFUL!! That 1983 sound for a cd made in 2004 #fail.
5) My reader got up to 119 while I was internet-less in Mississippi!! There are usually about 30 per day. It's now clear & I hope I never have to let it get that bad again!! My cousin lives in a dead zone where she can't get internet. . . . . Yes, I know the whole state isn't like that but son...
6) My aunt moved out to our family land in the country 32 years ago. She didn't have a telephone and the water company had to dig a line to her house to get water. Everyone else in the area had wells. I. can't.
7) My mom and I visited my grandfather's grave yesterday morning. By the time we were leaving, people were pulling up and we accidentally met some cousins my mom hadn't seen since her childhood! That is hilarious and weird! This church is literally in the middle of nowhere!!! But the graveyard is full of relatives including 4 great-grandparents, multiple great-aunts and uncles, some of whom died before my mom was born.
8) My grandma is a really unhappy woman... but I don't think she knows she's unhappy most of the time. She thinks her lonely existence is normal. It's really crazy and interviewing her was infuriating. She was revising history not remembering the things she's told me before and having no clue the things other people told me.
9) Why did I ask Rashan's mom if I could help with Christmas dinner to have her reply I don't have any plans, you can plan the meal. O_O . . . . Da heezy!? How we make that giant leap??
10) I'm a little worried about how long it will take me to lose the Mississippi accent I pick up when talking to my mom and all of these people down there.
11) Y'all, my momma is the MOST unsentimental person. It's so crazy. But then I hear these stories about my family and marvel that she's as normal as she is.
12) If you didn't know, I'm making a film about the grandfather I never met. He died 40 years ago in February and participated in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi. I got some great interviews and some not so great ones. To be expected, I'm sure. Some will turn out to be better than I thought in the editing room.