1) I think I'm done subscribing to food mags. Some months I love EVERYTHING in them, others I like one recipe. After the month, they're all online anyway. What's the point? Especially since I don't have/don't take the time to read them anymore.
2) I forgot to tell you in the tales of Mississippi my family in the country. My aunt got high-speed internet a few months ago... I promise you I love my family in the country. They're some of my favorite people... but I don't understand their lives (probably any more than they understand mine).
a) Example: horses got loose scaring everyone driving (the could run out into the road)... I was so flabbergasted I couldn't even explain how outside the realm of my reality this is...
b) They were amazed that work/school is 9 minutes away. Everything there is 30 minutes or more away. Their "neighbors" are miles away.
4) I hooked this couple up 2 years ago and now they're engaged! Wheeee!! I'm so excited for them! I LOVE them together!! So I didn't really hook them up but I invited her to a party she didn't know about and he was there and the rest is history! But they still credit me with them meeting! Awwww!
5) I really missed being with my mommy for Christmas. We will stick to the original plan henceforth: Thanksgiving with his fam, Christmas with mine.
6) It SNOWED in Savannah while I was here!!! Just flurries but for several hours! Nothing stuck but it was amazing! It's supposed to be 70 Saturday. Couldn't we have had THAT weather??? If we'd stayed in Winston-Salem, we'd have had a white Christmas. I was a little bummed we didn't.
7) How about just the five confirmed people showed up for dinner. . . He had told his mom I was freaking out about the number of people. She said cook for the people we know about. Don't worry about all those other people. When I asked Rashan why she would mention the other people, he said, "That's my mom." Like that's how she does things. O_O --_--
8) One student gave me a mentorship award from her sorority. Another asked me to write a letter of recommendation! Awwwww!! Professor post forthcoming!
9) I got some new rain boots and I LOVE THEM!!
10) Tell me some of your goals for 2011 so I can steal them! :)
11) I actually watched movies last week and forgot to post them... oops! Next week! The last of 2010!
12) We still have no plans for new year's... I really don't care. I know I've mentioned this before but January 1st is a weird day to me. Why does it symbolize new beginnings? I get it on a basic level but it makes me too philosophical and y'all know how much I hate that. I used to get really excited about it and love watching the numbers change from 11:59 to 12:00 and the ball drop but now with so much technology, it turns 12:00 at 8 different times. That is certainly no fun.
13) I had some DELICIOUS oysters yesterday! My word!!
14) I miss Christmas. :(