1) I love when people ride bikes with baskets on the front! They're so cute even if they make me think of the wicked witch from the WizardofOz.
2) I'm shocked and a little saddened by how many of my SMART fb friends are all gung ho over the new T.ylerPerry movie... why? WHY?! There clearly aren't enough bad black movies out there. We need you to come out with at least one/month.
3) Saw a guy on campus last week I was convinced got lost on his way back from Gator football stars of the 1990s wax museum: burly w/a box & an arm full of tattoos. He may have had a small hoop earring as well but I can't be sure. I was avoiding looking so I didn't laugh in his face b/c I KNEW he was gonna get blogged about. Lololol.
4) People of Walmart in person. YOU ARE KIL.LING.ME!!! Chick with the booty shorts, tank top and satin sleep cap. I hate you so much right now. AHHHHHH!! And get the chick with the blond braids MINUS the literally half her head that was black. How do you look like you have the most monstrous need for a root touch up known to man and you have FRESH BRAIDS?!!
5) Why didn't anyone tell me Chili's has 2 for 1 margaritas? Because y'all hate me. That's now obvious. Rashan says we knew but thought it was a one time thing. Let me tell you Chili's was giving out coupons this weekend at the game. It's about to be over. O.V.E.R.
6) I felt vindicated when P.atrickSwayze died b/c when we found out he had pancreatic cancer I was still working at the station and someone wouldn't allow me to say he had a terminal illness. Said person said, "We don't know that it's terminal. They haven't said that yet." I said, "It's advanced pancreatic cancer. It's terminal." Person said, "But they haven't said that, let's not kill him yet." I'm not trying to kill him. I'm just calling it like I see it. You don't bounce back from that one. I let it go then but I didn't forget. My mom thinks I'm a bad person for feeling vindicated. Whatever man. I was right. RIP my one time future husband who would never put me in a corner. I was like 8 crushin' hard on that dude! Lol.
7) Two bizarre things have changed about me with age. Neither of them I like. I am more emotional. I used to NEVER cry and now there's no telling what will set me off. It's so lame. I still don't cry as much as a lot of people I know but sometimes I feel these tears coming and I get so EXASPERATED!!! I have also developed something of a sweet tooth. I find myself wanting sugary stuff more than I ever have before. I don't fighting it, though. I try to limit my sweets (minus stuff like HoneyBunchesofOats) to once a week... unless my professor brings doughnuts. Then all bets are off!!!
8) Target has the worst shipping prices in the history of the internet. $8 to ship baby socks and A ONESIE is some GARBAGE!!!! Not next day. Standard. The slowest possible i.e. it gets there in a month. Makes me never want to order anything on Target.com again unless it has free shipping. And of course you always have to spend at least $50 IN ONE SUPER SPECIFIC DESIGNATED CATEGORY to get free shipping. WACK. Also what's the point in getting 15% off of a $125 purchase if the purchase is so heavy shipping will cost you LITERALLY 3xs that amount. BOTH ACTUAL EXAMPLES. Fall back, Target. You're trying to turn my love for your store into something sinister.
9) I can't believe I've been doing this 17 weeks. It's amazing how time flies when you're paying no attention to the most basic things. Or consumed with life... whichever.
10) Restaurants which make me download their menus to look at them annoy me. Why do I need the PDF of your actual menu? Also restaurants that don't post their prices get pushed to the side.
11) Can I get some uniformity in page numbers in books? How do they decide which numbers go at the top or bottom? I don't like picking up several of my text books and having to look all over the page for the number.
12) I am SOOOOOO glad I didn't imbibe before the game Saturday!! (Yes, we won, GO GATORS!) Temperatures of 89 with a heat index of 93+ and I'm standing the whole time? Sounds to me like a guaranteed recipe for disaster. Not cute at all. I bought a $5 pint of sorbet during the game and polished that thing off with the quickness. I realized I hadn't been to a sporting event since I left Pittsburgh (Go pitiful Pirates!)... I balked at the prices on everything. Plus since I was in ROW 10 (and in the center)!! It was too much of a hassle to fight the crowds to go to the concession stands more than once.
13) It wasn't until Rashan pointed it out that I realized how terribly out of date my profile was! The music was hilarious! Like a time warp for me! I obviously hadn't updated since I started this blog 4 years ago (on the 28th)!