26) My wanderlust has been quenched. I have too much to do to go on any trips right now! Plus I know I have 2 7-hour trips ahead of me-- Pittsburgh to Charlotte, then Charlotte to Gainesville... yeah... if that doesn't cure wanderlust, I don't know what does.
27) That does not mean I'm not open to visitors. Who wants to come help me pack? Raise your hands now. Put 'em in the air!
28) UF is still trippin. Guess who has nann nunna nothin from her university? ME!!! ME ME ME!! I'm about to start flippin out. Word life. Yes, I've made phone calls and left messages. Now Mellymell needs some answers or mama's finna go off. I'm mama and yes I just pulled out some Southernisms for ya!
29) I slept for 9 hours last night. I could've kept going but I decided to wake up and... IDK accomplish things! Lol.
30) I did accomplish some things today-- I spent almost $40 on gas and wasn't even on E and I got my oil changed. It only took 25 minutes. I was so excited!
31) I have 7 million appointments to make before the end of the month. Jesus keep me near the cross.
32) There's this old man preacher on the radio station I listen to who CRACKS ME UP!! The recordings must be incredibly old because you can't hear the congregation at all and my dude needs a laugh track! He said, "I don't like platitudes. You ask someone how they're doing and they say, 'I'm blessed.' Tell me the truth. That's like the woman who said to her preacher, 'I want to thank you for that wonderful lesson.' The preacher says, 'Don't thank me, thank the Lord.' She says, 'I thought about that... but it wasn't that good.'" BURN!! I was on the floor!! And he's moving right along, no pauses. I'm like, Dog! Slow down! This is hilarity!!
33) This extra pale "coach" on Made looks like a man... but is pretending? to be a woman? I'm confused. I don't know what's going on.
34) I keep seeing all these gorgeous locs and it makes me want to get some. I had a dream the other night of me doing my oral defense of my doc before I got my master's with one of my fave Hampton professors, my line sister, Stace and a few bloggers there. I was pushing my hair off of my neck. I don't know what kind of hair it was but I'll just say it was locs. That means I need to get it poppin. Stace's homie is gonna start them for me when I move to Florida. It will be so fab.
35) Stace said I'm gonna be a Florida girl now. WRONG!! I WILL ALWAYS BE A CAROLINA GIRL!! REPRESENT!!!
36) I like shredding. It's so satisfying to destroy things. Wait. I mean paper...
37) Is that allowed on television!?!!? I don't want to see your n.aked backside ever! Let alone at 2 in the afternoon!!! V.h1!!!! You're out of control!!
38) This chick just said the funnest. Stace says that to annoy me. It makes me want to kick her.
39) I like to kick... like a lot. I used to have the most amazing high kicks. I would kick my leg up next to the face of some 6 foot tall man and watch his eyes grow. Hilarity. You can keep poppin off if you wanna!
40) I don't like green or blue drinks. The former looks like liquefied grass. The latter looks like Windex. You can keep them both.
41) Diets annoy me. Don't tell me how to lose 10 lbs. in 10 days. I already know what I need to do to keep the weight off. Lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, water, exercise. Do I do it? Maybe... But probably not. Whatev. That's why I work out. But don't try to get me to buy into your fad diet.
42) Did you see the wedding on the T.oday Show this morning? ADORABLE! I know it's tv but I was like, "Dang that was fast!" That's what I'm talkin about! Now if we can get my cousin down the aisle that quickly this fall, life will be great!! Lol.
43) Tomorrow night I'm asking my dad what I can take with me when I leave. How about all the pots and pans, the leather couch and recliner, the 52-inch tv, the 6-disc DVD changer and the crock pot? You good with lettin all that go, D?
44) My mom has requested I not call her M anymore. She said it doesn't make her feel all warm and fuzzy. THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M HERE FOR!! Ok fine. I should've known she wouldn't like it. She doesn't like nicknames. Ever. That didn't stop my dad, whose family is nickname CRAZY from giving us multiple ones. Two of mine were fashion bug (I was regulating their clothes from at least 7. I kid you not.) and ash patrol (I was also stalking them about have lotion on before leaving the house. When my parents separated I used to meet my dad at our front door with lotion.)
45) Project Runway starts again July 16th. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be stalking my television once again and I'm okay with that!!
46) When does the new season of Making the Band start? Ooh! The rumor is August 13th! That's just days before I go to UF! I will be stalking my friends' houses since M... oops MOMMY doesn't have cable.
47) Little-known Jameil fact: I call my mom Mommy. What in the bloody blue hazes? I don't know why I'm almost 26 years old and calling her that. But I'm thinking at this point I'll be 89 and still calling her Mommy! Insanity. I call her Mom when she's getting on my nerves. I was gonna call her M to get away from Mommy and she shut that down! I tried out Ma when I was 13 and she hated that, too. She calls her mom Mama so it doesn't fit to call her that, too. UGH!!
48) I need some good parties to pop off the 12 or so days I'm in the QC! I want to see some fly black folk before I head to the G! Let's make that happen! All y'all ready your resources!!
49) Speaking of parties. You are aware that my birthday is August 23rd, right!?!? I love that day! Did you know August 24th and December 26th are the worst days of the year? Yep. Biggest letdowns ever. Always boring and sucky and not my birthday or Christmas. Anyway, party in the G!! Or in O-town! Party over here!
50) And Labor Day? Party in Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!! (And after that I'll start studying... I PROMISE!! School doesn't start until August 25th so I'm straight for the birthday. And we're off Labor Day.) But first... we gotta get UF TO SEND MY STUFF!!! *eye rolling*