1) Have you seen "Mexican Made Easy"? That show is AWESOME!!!
2) I traveled so much at the beginning of break that I'm tapped out. It was impossible for me to leave the house last week. I blamed it on my steep, icy driveway. I'd be able to get down... but I wanted to be able to get back up. That was my excuse for 3 days. Then I decided I wanted to go out for dinner. Typical, right? LOLOL
3) Have I ever told you how much I hate the name Jamie? I think it is incredibly ugly. The most awful unisex name ever. I hate when people try to shorten my name to that... or really most things they try to shorten it too.
4) That brings me to Mel. I also hate the name Mel. Don't call me Mel. My name is Jameil. Juh-mell. Not Mel.
5) I love the name Thad after a camp counselor I adored. I could never get past boyfriends to agree to name our possible future children Thad. What awful men. Be better, Rashan!! I'm willing to go with Thad as a middle name now!
6) For the first time ever, I was really, REALLY offended by the rampant materialism surrounding Christmas. It made me really sad, too. I was able to block it out in previous years but it was all up in my face this year in a way that threatened to steal my excitement. BUT I REFUSED!! It wasn't so much the stores. What else would they do? It was more people I was around who were only concerned with what they were receiving. It's particularly distasteful in children. If they're like this now, they'll be monsters the older they get. MONSTERS!!! But to soothe myself, I'm still rocking the Christmas music! And I told Rashan it will last for 3 more weeks. But let's be real... I'll be listening to Christmas music well into February and whenever else I need a boost. Merry Christmas II You (Mariah's latest) is my definite new fave! Guys, you need a new fave song or album every year! Don't forget!
7) I am SO sad that Therapeutic Musings is in the midst of a blog break!!! I love hearing about her fetus, who I adoringly refer to as BPL-- Baby Pickle Lover-- because he (I think it's a boy) learned how to be a fetus from sitcoms and only requested pickles in the early days. With every meal! Hilarious! Please no pickles and oatmeal! He now loves Mexican food! BABY AFTER MY OWN HEART!!! Blog auntie loves you!
8) Yes I'm crazy. Obviously...
9) Although I'm weird about January 1st, in general, I adore January. EVERYONE'S full of goals! I can always remember the new year and often accidentally start writing it in November or December. So future focused. (Which can be annoying.) Howsomever... February. Oh you. I always start writing the previous year in FEBRUARY. Right when everyone else has stopped. Absolute foolishness.
10) Rashan hates Valentine's Day because it's his deceased father's birthday. I love V-Day (and every holiday, really) and/but it was too hard on him so we decided last year that in the future we should celebrate on March 14th instead. I completely forgot about this until he reminded me the other day. I love it. And him. We are the cutest. On that note, I hate when people try to price gouge me because it's a special occasion. It made me want to stay in the house for New Year's. But it makes me extra excited about celebrating V-Day in March!
11) These last few months I've had to learn to live in the same city as my boyfriend for the first time in 10 years. So bizarre. And such an adjustment!
12) Boyfriend is such a stupid word for my 36-yo old man and belies the magnitude of our relationship.
13) I may as well start off this year with a confession... we live together... and have since September. I never tell people but it's not exactly a secret if you're on twitter and fb with either of us. It felt weird to not telling people when I was in Mississippi and every once in a while it feels like lying when I avoid talking about it. It doesn't jibe with my religiosity and was completely unexpected but was a necessity of sorts. I NEVER thought I would live with anyone before I got married. But I'm actually more delighted than I could have ever imagined to have him here.
Anyway, I know this year has great things in store! There will be some difficulties as there always are but with a new year and a new decade, like every new day, comes new opportunities for greatness. I'm excited! Aren't you??