Dani posed an interesting question on her blog, "Where were you last year (physically, mentally, emotionally)? Are you in the same place, a worse place, or a better place this year?"
That made me think of something I'd been working on for a Thursday 13 but might as well do now about how my life is different since July. This time last year I didn't know I would be going to UF getting my master's in documentary filmmaking. Here are some of the things that are different.
1) I haven't seen snow in more than a year!! THANK YOU JESUS!! I hope to keep that streak going for at least another 18 months. I will allow for snow IF it's somewhere where I don't have to live.
2) Physically I was in better shape last year because I had been working out 3xs a week for 18 months. Now I'm trying to get back in that mode. I have my mom and sister getting on a workout plan.
3) Spiritually I need to readjust as well.
4) Geographically, I LOVED this winter versus Pittsburgh's! Duh! See no. 1.
5) And I have Rashan who has been great in helping me adjust to living in a foreign city and foreign state, traveling here every two weeks.
6) 3.71 gpa thankyouverymuch!
Overall I am in a much better place. So AWESOME! Thanks God for giving me the will to follow my dream!