1.05.2009

Ikea-ed

Wow.

I had never been to Ikea before I dragged Rashan there yesterday. It was his first time as well. May I say that is a crazy store. Crazy.

I walked in agape. Any store that is so huge they let you buy food in a CAFETERIA and drop your kids off before you go lose yourself is an automatic problem. Of course this made me walk in and start wandering and wondering. Where do I go? Where do I start? Will I make it out alive? We follow the masses up the escalator to the second floor as Rah quandries, "Why are we starting on the second floor?" "Shhh. Just follow them. They look like they know where they're going." Follow them we do and o.m.g. This store is CRAZY!!! The top floor is all tables, chairs, beds, furniture, etc. The bottom floor is my fave except we've spent 45 minutes on the top floor and I can't take it. After 15 minutes in the kitchen section I decide the I canNOT take another half hour to an hour in this place no matter how low the prices and must leave IMMEDIATELY. I get like that. Once I'm done, I'm DONE. We leave empty-handed. I can attribute that SOLELY to me hemorrhaging money while in Charlotte and not wanting to spending another dime. But like da guvnah, I'll be back!! For now, I'm just happy to have made it out alive.

I'm watching Anthony Bourdain (I do feel like a traitor because he came at my beloved Rachael Ray) and feeling the need to get some yummy food in Seattle. A place I can honestly say I have never in my life had a desire to visit. Bah. Television and the internet are the devil. (Not Rach, Anthony!!) Tonight, for the 3rd time in a week: Mexican food. (Though technically I've had the Mexican version of food in places in between. Almost everything I've eaten in the last week has had salsa and/or guacamole. YUM-O.) Has anyone yet seen my HH (no. 17)?

7 comments:

Jazzy said...

lol...you and the HH - I always knew that was code for the RJW ha! Did he tell you I picked out your wedding day before you even started dating??? lol - i kid!

Anywayz...Ikea...son - I aint able. When I first moved to Jersey I dragged my sister (the psycho scorpio). For once she behaved. I was the one who just couldn't take another second in there. We left with nothing too! lol...and I haven't been back.

Adei von K said...

Ikea is a beast. I want everything in there! Every time I go there, I have a new room theme! That place is AWE.SOME.

I'm actually scared of the food so I just stick to the hotdog and soda as I navigate my cart full of nargijjilisk, rutueggii and danskilji

RunningMom said...

I love Ikea! I was so happy when one opened near me. I thought my whole house was going to be furnished with Ikea furniture.

It's so not.

lol

But I still love it!

*Tanyetta* said...

You had me at: "dropping my kid off"

LOL

Sha Boogie said...

That place SO drives me nuts. I can never really buy anything, because there is so much of everything all over the place! lol

shani-o said...

I adore IKEA. They have a cafe so that you can rest, eat, and wander some more. It's best to go in the middle of the week when no one is there, though.

And there's soooo much cool and useful cheap stuff. Wooden hangers? Check! Art? Check! Glass doo-dads and tchotkes? CHECK!

Southerner in Suomi said...

IKEA scares me because my best friend has an unhealthy addiction to it.

Seattle in the summer is gorgeous. It just rains the other nine months.

Also I love Anthony's show, but he's just as commercial as Rach, so I need him to stop because I like them both.