1.20.2009

Inauguration Day!!

This is unreal. I've been composing this post in my head all morning. How 150 years ago we were still struggling to shake off the still fresh bonds of slavery with more than 90% illiteracy rate. And now we are about to have a black president who wrote 2 bestsellers. Now I'll just post realtime.

Did anyone else notice the new Attorney General Eric Holder is HAWT!? Lol. Heeeey Mr. A.G.!

Ahem. Excuse me. Off topic. There are some FLY hats out there. I feel so weird. Why does the first Bush look so much older than Jimmy Carter? Wow. I can't wait until they say soon to be former President Bush. It's 11:15 and I'm getting so weird. My mom is going crazy right now. It's so cute. Hillary's blue coat is fab. The color mostly. I wonder if Bush is gonna be booed. My mom thinks everyone is going to be gracious today. Oh Bill, why did you tarnish my image of you? I used to love him before his comments in SC and in other places on the campaign trail. Bah.

Sasha and Malia are so CUTE!!! AHHHHH!!! Aretha Franklin's hat... wow... Did you know MLK, Jr. would only be 80 today if he was alive? That's so bizarre. I always think of him as so many years past and not someone young enough to be my grandfather and in fact younger than my grandmother. Barack Obama's elementary school? So cute! Why are they there if it's all most midnight?

Michelle looks so fab! You rock, Shelly!! I started cheering when I saw Bush walking. You're leaving! Yay!! Enjoy your last "Hail to the Chief!!" Bill patting him on the back like, "Yeah man it sucks. But not really for you, huh? Because people hate you. Way more than hated me." People are losing their minds right now on the lawn out there! Lol. I LOVE IT!! My mom says she has a deck full of snow. Better you than me! It's almost 60 here. My mom said she was up all night last night. She couldn't sleep. Part worry something would happen, part excitement.

Sen Diane Feinstein said, "Welcome to the Inauguration of the 44th president of the United States of America" and I started crying. Lol. Pititufl. Did Rick give the longest invocation ever or what? Alright Aretha. I love her coat... the hat... yeah... not so much. Nice for an old lady. Not for me. What's Joe Biden's middle name??? We have a new vice president!!! PEACE OUT CHENEY!!! HELLLOOOO JOEY! Okay black male clarinetist. Never seen one of those before... lol. His outfit is fab. The kids are so cute. They're like yeah whatever. As long as I have people to talk to right now. That's right, Di, present John Roberts!! I'm standing!!

MY PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!

I first started screaming and jumping up and down, then burst into tears. My mom crying along with me. Then she told me to pull myself together so I could listen to his speech. "On this day we meet because we have chosen hope over fear." "Greatness is never a given, it must be earned." "We will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist." "Let us mark this day in remembrance of who we are and how far we have come."

Love Rev. Joseph Lowery, co-founder with MLK of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, reciting the Negro National Anthem in the benediction. I LOVE that song. "Yes we can work together to achieve a more perfect union." "To turn to each other and not on each other." "Inclusion, not exclusion, tolerance, not intolerance." Other than President Obama's (AHHHH!!!!) oath, this is the best part. AWESOME!

I've never been so happy to sing the National Anthem! And there's my first lady!! FIRST LADY SHELLY! AND PRESIDENT ROCKY!! YES!!!!!!! I LOVE MY PRESIDENT!!! The home page of the White House now says, Change Has Come for America."

Watching the Bushes leave is the first time I've ever waved so enthusiastically at them. Lol. BYE! Look at my new President and First Lady!!! My President is BLACK! I LOVE MY PRESIDENT!! I need a shirt that says that! I love my president!! The first president I ever elected after voting for Gore and Kerry and finally a win. For Barack Obama! (Apple is going to have to fix its spell check to include his name!)

Ok Donna Brazille is HILARIOUS. She said, "I got a picture of Clarence Thomas crying... or either he was yawning." Hilarious. And she took Barack Obama's blanket from the inauguration.

8 comments:

Ladynay said...

Leave ReRe's hat alone, it fit her and her coat! LOL!

Nice to witness history isn't it. I was kinda like your mom, but my worry something may go down started when he walked down the stairs when they annouced him.

I wanted them girls to have a hat on! Them fresh perms let all 30 degrees of that air get to there scalps! I know Michelle has some fly winter hats for them girls! LOL

RunningMom said...

lol @ "Shelly & Rocky"

Today was fabulous, did anyone notice that Laura Bush was not wearing a real coat, or a scarf or a hat? Makes me wonder if she is still having hot flashes.. lol.

Aretha's was too much....way too much, but she's Aretha, what can you say.

I thought the clarinet player was cute and the look on his face when they were done playing was priceless. I wouldn't have been able to breathe let alone play a wind instrument!

Stop bragging about your 60 degree weather!

Adei von K said...

Omg, sasha and malia were toooooo cute! I looooooooved the orange and pink combo!

I am so in love with the whole fam.

Leave 'retha alone! You know that was the best she's looked in YEARS! And the hat wasn't bad at all. It fit her and her outfit.

How cute was Jill B with her red coat and knee hi boots! Everyone was so fab!

Rashan Jamal said...

Don't be talking about how the AG is hawt? You gotta man!! LOL

Bush the original looks really, really old...If I was there, I woulda booed Bush the sequel.

Sasha and Malia so so cute. Aretha's hat was nuts, but at least she didn't have her arms and breasts out like at the Grammy's a couple of years ago.

I got a win a couple of times with Clinton, but after 8 years, that feels like a lifetime ago.

As you know, I was at work, so I didn't hear the whole speech, so I'll have to check it out tonight.

My President is Black!!! I sure didn't think I would ever be able to say that in my lifetime!!!

Jazzy said...

Girl...you tired me out. I can just imagine what you are like in person. I was reading and thinking..."Jam needs to calm down!!!" lol

Aretha's hat...*side eye*. Actually I was just glad she covered the twins...they've been seen all over town lately. Not cute!

I was more relaxed as I watched (and just wishing my Grandmother who grew up segregated Alabama and Florida), would have lived to see this day.

Liz Dwyer said...

I know! We have our President! We have our President! It was beyond exciting and this is a great moment for us all.

All I can say about ReRe the Body is that I'm sooo glad the bosoms were locked up. Thank you, God, for that!

pserendipity said...

As soon as you asked about Biden's middle name, I hollared. I thought I was the only one thinking "Did this dood say his name was Robert Ed???"

Everything about that day was beautiful. I will never forget it as long as my soul shall live.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Donna rocks!! She's from Louisiana.