1.28.2009

Friday, Please

You know how some weeks start bad and get worse? That's what this week is for me. I'm so ready for Friday I can hardly breathe. Okay I can breathe and that's being melodramatic. I'm not curled up in a corner with a paper bag at my mouth or anything but Friday cannot come soon enough. None of it is big enough to mean anything after a few minutes, days or hours (which is why details are irrelevant except this one-- I just found out I've lost 37% of my 401k in the last year) but combined they make me want to throw things. Preferrably off of a very tall building (of which there are none in Gainesville). Maybe some of those rocket scientists in the buildings next to mine can send some crap to the moon for me. Yes?

7 comments:

Momisodes said...

Oy. Don't look at your 401k! I nearly wanted to send myself off a tall building when I saw mine :(

Hang in there. Hope this week flies by.

Open Grove Claudia said...

((hug)) I'm there with you! We lost almost 50% from all of our stuff. (shaking my head)

What a weird time.

RunningMom said...

I know it's hard but the best thing you can do right now is ignore your 401(k) you aren't anywhere near retirement, this is a normal cycle in a 20 year span.

Just make sure you are diversified. After that - Ignore!

I had a bad day too... Hugs!

Not so Anonymous said...

I stopped looking at my retirement as well, although I peak at last quarters numbers and I breathed a small sigh of relief. Don't worry...it's a circle!

I just can't wait for Friday either. I swear it felt like Friday today :(

Rashan Jamal said...

I'm ready for Friday too. I get to see someone I really like! LOL

Sherlon Christie said...

Sorry about the 401k...like everyone else said...just stop looking at the account for now.

Unknown said...

Ok, I really need to check on my 401K. I keep hearing people talk about the money they have lost and I'm too scared to check. FREAKING ECONOMY!!!!