3.11.2010

March Goals

How do you do your March goals halfway through the month?  PROBLEM!  Anyway these are updates on what happened in February and what I have done and am aiming to do for the rest of March.

1) Work on my relationship with God.  This is still a struggle.  I didn't get my daily Bible Study in but I am now praying regularly.

2) Finish my film.  I made great progress on the film in February and am en route to even more!  This month is already shaping up as more productive!!  YIPPEE!!

3) Take the next step in my career.  I did not arrange an internship for the summer.  Tsk tsk.  Let's renew this goal this month.

4) Try new restaurants.  Got it!  Already in March I've hit up at least 3 new restaurants.  My goal is two more and I think both will come in the next week.

5) Cook at least 3xs a week, 2 of those new recipes.  I did pretty great with this AGAIN!  This is definitely the goal I keep up with the most.  The recipes are on my food blog, The Record Dish.   My faves were Catfish & Grits with Sauteed Spinach and Chardonnay Cream AWESOME!!, greens gumbo, chipotle corn, spinach balls (HUGE success at the Super Bowl party), and creamy polenta with sausage & rapini.  The ingredients I'd never cooked with before were catfish (I KNOW!!), kale, collards, herb stuffing (my momma makes dressing & doesn't believe in boxes! lol), polenta, cream cheese, white pepper and rapini.  Cool!

6) Watch more movies.  I'm still ahead on my goal to watch a movie a day, even skipping a few days, because I couldn't stop watching multiple movies a day for a while.  We're still in good shape.  We'll see what this looks like at the end of the month!

7) Workout more. I was shooting for 4xs a week.  Nothing even close to that happened after the first week.  This month if I can manage 3xs a week we can celebrate!

8) Statecations.  I was SUPPOSED to go to Tampa over Spring Break but SOMEBODY didn't want to go.  We went south to Micanopy to do some antiquing and that was pretty fun but yeah...

9) Contact my grandma once a month.  I sent her a card around Valentine's Day.  There's nothing specific going on this month so I guess I'll call her.

4 comments:

Jazzy said...

2 - Did you say what it's about yet? Is it a secret? I'm nosy. I wanna know!

4 - LOL...so not surpprised that you accomplished this one.

5 - verrrry impressive. I'll have to checkout the other blog. the catfish, grits, etc recipe sounds really good.

Jameil said...

jazzy... i did say. nosy. http://jameil.blogspot.com/2010/02/50-years-ago-today.html

4) me either!

5) danke! that thing was AMAZING! i was so proud of myself!

CNEL said...

Goal oriented I love it.
Reminds me I need to return to writing down my intentions for myself.

Jameil said...

Thanks C! I need to get in gear even more! I'm so hyper-focused on my film and the class I'm assisting that I need to take another look at these goals as a reminder!!