8.19.2009

Whirlwind Week!

I have quite the week ahead of me starting tonight. Don't look for me from 9-11 because I will be watching TOP CHEF season premiere and the TOP CHEF MASTERS season finale. I soooo hope it's just the season finale. It's such a different dynamic from Top Chef! Last night I watched Chopped and was diggin that, too. Loves it! But if you're lookin for me? Don't.

I also need to continue unpacking. It was like when I got my bathroom & kitchen squared away and cooked three consecutive nights, then unpacked all my books and dvds and realized I didn't really have anywhere to put a lot of stuff I just stopped. So today I really, really should for real this time tackle the closet! Some stuff is put away but not enough. All of my closet space is too high-- shelving and bars. Hello 5'1"!!! I'm reaching my arms out of sockets on super tip toe. It's ridiculous.

This semester I'm a graduate assistant for an undergraduate investigative reporting course. I'm very excited about that because I get to utilize my journalistic strengths. Last semester I was teaching more technical things which is so not up my alley. I was a producer, not an editor and photog. I was teaching things I hadn't used in years. That's not to say I did a bad job, never that, but I was out of my comfort zone. But this year? Blowing it out of the water! I'm guest lecturing on two topics, the first of which arrives on September 14th. I'm excited but I need to work more on it. I'm in the brainstorming phase. Tomorrow I'm going with my sorority sisters to deliver school supplies then I have my first meeting with the professor I'm assisting.

Tomorrow night? PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON PREMIERE!!! AHHHHHHH!!! WHO CAN TAKE ALL THE GOOD TV AT ONCE!?!?

Friday I have no plans. Phew! But Rashan will be here around 330 Saturday morning!!! He's driving down after work for MY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY!! We're driving down to Orlando sometime Saturday, the on MY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY, we're going to Disney World!!! YAY!!!!!!! I'm soooooooooooooooo excited!! SO excited!!

Then Monday is the first day of class and my life will be off to another crazy start for the final year of my master's degree!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Disney World is the happiest place on earth, you should definitely go there on your birthday!!

To reach the top of my closets, I have had to get a stool and keep it in my closets. And in the kitchen so I can reach the top shelves.

You and Nerd Girl have convinced me that maybe I should tune in to see what this Top Chef stuff is all about. I'll give it a whirl tonight.

Adei von K said...

FINAL YEAR of your Master's Degree!!!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!?! SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!!!

Okay, so y'all won't be in the the 'ville this year... gotta tell @dreezyfbaby

Adei von K said...

NOTE: you might be a twitterer if you @ people's names

CNEL said...

Yay for the grad assistantship I so used you as an example in a wkshp I moderated at NABJ.

Oh and I just did Disney for my friend's b-day and we had so much fun.

I hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

My gf has me addicted to Top Chef Masters. I am glad Rick won!

Sparkling Red said...

Have a very happy birthday!

I understand the Too Tall Closet phenomenon. I can get away without using a step-stool, but only if I stretch to my maximum and grasp things with the very tips of my fingers. I guess it's good exercise, or so I tell myself.