3.22.2006

Racist Children, A 20-minute Ipods and Hot Rock Rubbin

Aight so here is the promised second random post. First let me just say, for everyone who is reading this and did not know me in college, I am a college basketball/march madness ho! I loooove me some march madness, more specifically DUKE!! Whoo hoo!! I love the best rivalry in college basketball. If you have to ask, let me school you. Its Duke-Carolina. So today this guy at work tries to tell me that Memphis is winning the championship. I'm like, no way. He says I'll be you Duke will not win. I'm honest. I know it will be a surprise if Duke wins. But not really any more than any other team. I mean really. Who is the team you've known all year. You knew ok its _______'s year? There isn't one. We've been talking about it over at Rell's Place all season. But Memphis? I'm goin w/no. So he tries me. So I did what I always did when some man underestimated me. I went straight to ESPN. Let's compare. All day it was straight stats, players, strength of schedule (my personal favorite). Don't do it. He finally let it go (for most likely the first time in his life) when he realized he wasn't winnin this one. Uh uh. That was fun! Very exciting! :) lol I LOVE to argue.

So I went to Columbus and went to shopping heaven! It was like *insert angelic choir* "ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Ohhhh it was so great. My favorite store, Nordstroms! Express, Lucky Brand Jeans, Guess, BCBG, Gap, Apple (computers, not like the kind you eat as the bf thought. :) he's so adorable), this store called Ruehl that was like Hollister upscale, pretty cute, the biggest Victoria's Secret I've ever seen in my life!! great!!, and 4 day spas. And on and on. We were there for 9 hours. Yes, you read that right. 9! We ate twice, got hot rock rubs, and shop, shop, shopped!! It was great! No, I'm not rich and I don't make that much, but I also don't spend that much. I go shopping once every month or two. So its nice. Me and my friend Michelle the accountant from the good old H of U met in the middle. She lives in Ft. Wayne, IN.... right. That's why she needed to get thee hell to civilization... and negroes. Lol.

So she asked me, "Do you think children can be racist?" I was like, "Hmmm... no..." Then she tells me about this kid of one of her co-workers who runs and hides every time he sees her. And guess what the co-worker said, "Oh he just likes blondes." I fell out laughing. Hahahha!! She swears that's code for "he don't like niggers." Lolololol!! So then when I'm waiting for her to finish trying on clothes at Macy's, these two little white toddlers can't stop grinning at me. So I decide, no. Children are not racist.

We walk by the Apple store and I'm like ooh! I get a discount with Apple w/my company (hot right). We go in to look around and she's like I think I'm going to buy an Ipod. She has the shuffle but wants to buy the big one. The real deal. So I'm the bad influence and I'm like, yeah, sure. You're a corporate america accountant, you can afford. (Yes most of my friends are hugely successful for new college grads! :D I'm so proud of us!) So anyway, she does (no, not w/my corporate discount.. ooh la la I have a corporate discount! hehehehe). Then spends the next 20 minutes depressed about spending 425 in the first hour. So I'm like, well then return it. I'm that girl too. Just do what makes you happy, geez. Lol. So she does, and creates the 20 minute Ipod. She was so cool and hip and happenin for 20 minutes.

So the massage right. My first. I hated it. I know that sounds stupid and kinda crazy, but y'all know how I feel about strangers touching me. I hate it!! And especially when its some whispering white woman touching me like my man should. Too much. Then the rocks are all heated to 150 degrees. Ok again. Too much. And you're supposed to say something but I was so bothered by the whole idea that I was like uh uh. The fact that I walk in its all dark and candlelit, there's a table w/a sheet and she's like ok remove everything and then get under the sheet. ewww. ok I watch Style network more than the next person so I've seen it, but that was not cool w/me. Not even a little bit.

My mom's bf (whoops in that case I mean only best friend, not the double bf like me), our soror Karen says she doesn't like massages for the same reason. Now, being that I don't like people touching me, that should've clicked for me. But I was like, "What's she talking about? Its professional." Umm.. no. And excuse me. Its called a "hot stone massage." I mean I understand why they call it that. Because who would go if it was called a "hot rock rubbin?" i wouldn't. Or as Mich says, "Hot rock body ruuuuub." You gotta make the ugly face ill grill when you say rub (imagine you're doing the sexy TI snarl) lolol. No, no. That's not right. Try it again. This time try the Que ill grill. Now say ruuuuuuuuub. Hold the "u" out. Ruuuuuuub. There you go! Owww! That was hot! Lol. I'm practicing. I'm going home in a month. Its bad enough that I will know maybe 3 songs played the entire night. I must be able to at the very least lean wit it rock wit it and make the ill grill. Or I will be shunned. My friends will disown me and I'll be all alone. It will be so sad.

And now I think my cds have been stolen. I'm depressed. All of my 112 cds, my trey songz, my raheem devaughn. those are the ones i'll miss the most. i'm still in denial. like oh they're still here. they're just misplaced. but there's nowhere they could be. i think they were stolen. i'm gonna go jump off of something real quick. if you don't here from me for a couple of days, that's where i am. no i'm kidding. wasn't that hilarious. just kidding. i know it wasn't funny but hey i have to laugh so i don't go slit my wrists. oh shit i'm doing it again aren't i? damn that morbid streak. i've known a lot of dead people really young so death is not a big deal to me. not like in the fake gangsta "i'm always ready to die way," but in the "part of life is death" kinda way. i plan my funeral all the time. ok this last paragraph has weirded you out enough i think so i'll just go now. kisses! :) lolol

20 comments:

Karamale said...

i think those two white kids probably hate white people.

Adei von K said...

White guys, even at a young age are facinated by black women. They probably wanted to say, "Hey Brown Goddess!" (remember that ish??) Unlike being a trophy (WGs are to BM), BW are a novelty to white boys. At the same time, I honestly think they know what's up but are afraid to admit it. "Say you like it..say you like it..."

Miguel said...

this reminds me of a moment i had when i was still working on cruise ships...i was supposed to be hosting karaoke, a ping-pong tournament, or something equally lame and i decided that i didn't want to do it, so i went to hang out in the youth center cause i knew that's the last place anyone would look for me :-) anyway, after about an hour of eating cookies, coloring and watching 2 episodes of rugrats, little blonde cindy lou-who looks up at me and goes, "why are you brown ?". now i'm the king of random, but this was random as fuck. all i could say was "huh ?". one of the few times i've ever been speechless. but it was funny as hell at the same time. i was thinking to myself that i should tell her, "in about 15 years or so, you're gonna start to loooooooooove brown people, especially brown men", but i figured that might be a little too deep for a 4 year old, so instead, i told her i drink a lot of chocolate milk.

Rell said...

That was very random but hey it's true.

Honestly, I think Duke's tragic flaw is that when it gets to crunch time JJ and Shelden are the only ones who do anything.

If a team makes Paulus, Dockery, McRoberts and Nelson try to beat them, they've got a chance.

I think Duke wins tonight but I think they lose in a rematch with Texas on Saturday.

Freshman Point Guards (Paulus) have only won 2 National Titles in the last 20 years (Bibby 1997 and McNamara 2003).

I don't think it happens this year for Duke and I'm saying that objectively. :-)

Sherlon Christie said...

not the 112 cds...(head hits table)

BZ said...

I hate people touching me, too. And I hate massages from people that I wouldn't otherwise let touch me 'like that', lol. Give me tall, chocolate Dominican and I'm good. HAHA Seriously though, I'm jealous of your shopping trip. I don't even like to shop, but you made it sound fun! And, coming home - does that mean to VA? HOLLAAAA!!!

BZ said...

Oh yeah, and I LOVE sports - college bball and NFL, particularly. I'm rooting for BC because I worked there for a few years and my little bro played for the team (aahhh courtside seats - loved it!). And my consolation team would be Texas (Big XII school alumni). And I love to talk sports with good looking men (well, I just love good looking men) but I like it when they're thrown by my knowledge of the game and its players. HAHAHA

Jameil said...

karamale... HAHAHA!

stace... ugh. you know how i feel about that. brown goddess... that ish is annoying. i don't want no white boy. what can you do for me? nada boo, nada!

miguel!!!!!! hahahahaha!! you are foolish!!! now she'll be telling her mom to get a tan all she has to do is drink chocolate milk!! lolol!! that's hilarious. i'm dying. i was at work tryin not to fall out!

rell... i know. and you know that ish makes me ill. its like come on!! do something! stop standing there! and stop taking bad shots!!

ash... you shoulda beat that lil girl down!! beat her!! like she stole something!! i bet her mom would be so quick to make her apologize. whites hate when their kids show the racism they've learned at home around the blacks.

sp... i'm ill over that. my favorite group w/o a doubt. and the bf had just replaced one of them for me for my bday in august.

bz... actually home is charlotte. that's at the end of april, but i will be in va next week. wed thru sat. i LOVE droppin knowledge on people who have no idea. i used to do it all the time back at hampton. dudes would open their big mouths thinkin their half-steppin knowledge was enough to match wits w/a girl. uh.. i'm going w/no.

ok how bout i'm watching the duke/lsu game right now (obviously half-heartedly b/c they're bullshittin) and its irritating me that they keep callin this lsu player "big baby." they'll use everyone else's name but they keep calling him "big baby." it looks hilarious writing it here, but on tv it sounds ridiculous... *rolling my eyes*

Veronica Marché said...

Between your "Hot Rock Body Ruuuuuuuuuub," "My Name is Earl," and Miguel's "I-drink-a-lot-of-chocolate-milk" behind, I'm not gonna finish this bowl of vegetable soup. I keep spitting out and onto my laptop in fits of laughter. Now you owe me a new screen. LOL!

Ladynay said...

Ummmmm....

I still can't say ruuuuub right!

LOL

Chris said...

*operator voice* if you'd like to stop the pre-occupation with being deceased, please press six. *booop*

Anyways, I don't think kids can be racist from the womb, but of course the way parents act and talk to their kids shape how their little bad asses act when they grow up.

Oh yeah...how 'bout dem Dukies? *snicker*

Jameil said...

chris and where was delaware state? not even in the tournament. and... silence... shut it down!!!!!!!!if you would read the blog you would know i'm the picture of realism. i did not think they would go all the way this year. try to keep up with me.

Anonymous said...

I have reached a point with Duke where I am comfortable rooting against them because they are the big dog in the yard, but I respect Coach K enough to not gloat in their defeat. Caoch K is a class act, and when you have that much sucess...that is a feat to maintain that level of class.

LSU...that team i like.

Jameil said...

dp... aight i'll let you slide for not likin duke. that's cool. you ain't got to. i love that you respect coach k. he is the man! but likin lsu... booooooo!! lol.

CNEL said...

Being someone that works with young people, I would have to say kids are not innately racist. Though racism isn't innate, it can be that children have racist tendicies. I've characterize it more as willfull ignorance, and bad role models until their teenagers. After that racist tendecies become more of a choice, because between middle and high school your level of awareness about diverse groups be they racially or ethnically diverse, or socio-economic and gender diverse, need to enter your life. It's partly the role of parents, partly the role of educators, and partly the role of broader society to encourage an open and honest dialogue about multiculturalism and diversity.

T Dot said...

I got my CDs stolen once - all of them - even my Fugees. It was a sad day. A tear still trickles down my cheek when I think about all the songs I could be listening to...

Alright, I'm together. I think kids can be racist. Being up here, I've seen kids bust out crying when they see me because they're not used to seeing someone with a black face. I went out with a friend and his family, kid was scared to death to come to me. By the end of the night, he could at least sit next to me, but wasn't no cradling going on.

T Dot said...

And I thought those stone massages were supposed to be fantastic!?! I was going to get one. I may have to rethink it now.

Anonymous said...

Its not that I am an LSU FAN...i just dig their spunk this year..and Big Baby is fun to watch.

I lost all my CDs in the Divorce. now i just dont have the love to accumulate them anymore...i buy them burn them and resell them and keep the copies in a big binder and on my PC.

Jameil said...

cnel... ok! i see you! droppin knowlegde and such! get it!

talia! love the kid bursting into tears!!!! LMAO!! that is hilarious. one hell of a blow to the good ol self esteem, huh?

dp... ugh! big baby. so appalled. you know, i'm thinking i'll only replace the ones i really love. there were definitely some i didn't like that will not need to be replaced. but the 112s, trey songz, 1st carl thomas. uh uh. can't live w/o those.

Natasha said...

I’ve been lurking for awhile but just wanted to add my thoughts on this. I don't think kids can be racist. I don't think anyone is born racist, or any other 'ist', they become that way from absorbing stuff around them and from trying to find a scapegoat for their own disappointments. Think of the people you've run into that are the most racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, xenophobic etc etc - chances are they are under-educated, lower income looking for someone to blame for their crappy lives.

Kids are ignorant: they learn as they grow. If they haven’t encountered someone that looks different than they do they’ll respond in line with their personalities, which can be curious or fearful (or something else but those are the two main reactions I’ve seen). I spent about 2 months in a Tanzanian village last summer where the kids had probably never seen a white person (‘muzungu’) before – about half of them would come running and the other half would run away screaming when they first saw me. After awhile I became more ‘normal’ to them and got less and less of a reaction.