1) My body is too unused to running three days in a row. It absolutely rebelled on Saturday after the third day in a row. I did not tell it to do this and do not appreciate its disobedience. HMPH! But I shall listen and run two consecutive days more often to get my body in the direction of three days in a row in a few months. (I had Gu (a gel for running fuel to be taken during long runs) for the first time Monday and UGH!!! TEXTURE!!! It's like the unholy middle ground between pudding and honey!)
2) Our neighbors are probably two of the worst people in the world. They are at least the worst couple I have any sort of tangential awareness of. Four fights from Wednesday to Sunday. Guess they were saving it up. I hate them.
3) It's no secret that the internet causes people to overshare... but I really feel like I've gotten more than my fair share of people oversharing in my direction. I don't need to know everything that goes on in your household. Thank you ever so much.
4) I found a nearby half-marathon in August!!! Training started this week! Now all I need is a sponsor! :)
5) LOLOL @ Rashan, who wins tweet of the week: Jameil is reciting "Annie" like I do "Friday" or "Belly."
6) The NYT has cut the number of free articles available from 20/month to 10/month and it is CRAMPING MY STYLE!!! Literally. The Style section is my favorite.
7) Can we stop passing along every statistic we see sans attribution? If we're not gonna stop doing this, I'm going to start making up a stat every week. Actually I know people won't stop doing this. Here is your first fake stat: One in five Americans eats 5 steaks a week. Shocking, isn't it!?
8) I am witnessing punctuation mark abuse on a regular basis and it's making me nuts! You can't react to everything with !!!!!! and ????? and ?!?!!?!?!? How do I know when you're actually excited or stunned???? Plus you're making me really weary. Of course because it drives me crazy, this post is filled with them...
9) I've decided to talk about babies on the blog again. I have them on the brain. I alternate between joy at my childless existence [Sleep, not dealing with someone else's waste matter (!!!), Rashan had to point out to me that pregnancy will likely mess with my marathon training over the next decade.... :(((] to wanting one RIGHT NOW. The latter wins out far more often than not. But can we talk about how much I don't want to lose myself, this runner's body and all of the delicious foods I love (soft cheeses, sushi, over medium eggs, medium burgers)? Have you seen the list of "potentially harmful" things lately? It's ridiculous. Basically a modern version of sticking menstruating women in a hut. This article (and its comments) made me feel better about it. Some things (many) are really beyond our control no matter how much we restrict the things to which we're exposed. Cigarettes & salmonella for all! J/k.
10) There are so many movies I'm not seeing in theaters these days that I'm acutely aware of the time it takes for them to go from theaters to Netflix. PLEASE HURRY UP!!
*I thought this posted on Monday (since that's when I scheduled it) so just pretend like it did.