1) I try new recipes constantly. 99% of the things I cook are things I have never cooked before. That is not in the least bit an exaggeration. I like trying new things but it can be tiring when I want something simple to cook. It's also problematic when I halve a recipe we really like. I often halve recipes so if it doesn't turn out well or it turns out well but we don't love it, we're not stuck with tons of leftovers. I need to fix myself.
2) I tried Kleenex's new Cool Touch and they're amazing! The coolness is so weird! And ultimately unnecessary. Ah well.
3) I have a recurring dream that I'm falling from very high. It terrifies me every time and sometimes starts me awake as I try to catch myself mid-air. Recurring like weekly. I hate it. Apparently it means I'm stressed about some part of my life. Um... yes. I want an income. Preferably from fabulous job.
4) I've been planning the Thanksgiving menu for weeks and I'm STOKED about it!! I'm thisclose to setting it! Our first married Thanksgiving. Awwww!
5) I have no patience for basic fitness articles that tell you things like eat small portions and don't start drastic diets you can't maintain for a lifetime. I know it's practical and there are still people who need to hear that but it wears me out to see them pop up with such regularity.
6) When I was in elementary school, I loved polysyllabic words. If I'd known the word polysyllabic, I would've liked it, too. In geography, my favorite word was archipelago. In language arts, onomatopoeia! (I liked to spell it, too.) Boo! My favorite dinosaur was triceratops. Apparently some people don't think this is a dinosaur anymore???? *weeps*
7) Can we have an age limit on tarted up Halloween costumes? I know there's this "movement" for women to be tasteful with their costumes this year (sigh... must we make everything a grand gesture?) but I feel like that applies quadruply if you're 35 and over. 30? If we agree on 30, I missed my last year. I'm okay with that. I saw some costumes that made me gasp in their inappropriateness in the 40+ set and I just want to try to stop it.
8) I think about running all the time. I got irritated Saturday and I wanted to go running. I don't want to mess up my schedule and risk injury, though so I stayed in the house. I'm thinking about changing one of my 30 Before 30 goals to run a 10k. These goals are making me a bit nuts.
9) Did y'all watch Next Iron Chef? Loved it!
10) The show "House Hunters International" has THE most stereotypical and borderline offensive music for every country. It's ridiculous.
11) I just remembered I bumped into Pharrell when I was at Hampton for undergrad. I was leaving a basketball game and walking backwards talking to my friends. He saw me coming but I didn't see him. One of my friends said, "Watch out!" I turned around and we were less than a foot apart. I gasped and apologized. He was very polite but as we continued in our separate directions I remember thinking, "What in the world? Why wouldn't you go around??? My group was on a collision course with yours... Strange."
12) The Tribe Called Quest doc made me remember that. The music was good of course but the film... meh.