9.02.2011

September Goals

August Goals
1) Read 3 books.  Done!  I read 4!  If you're teaching on the collegiate level or hope to one day, read Teaching What You Don't Know.  Awesome book!
2) Read an additional 60 chapters of the bible to reach 1081.  Got up to 1095. 94 chapters left!!  I also finished Isaiah and read all of Jeremiah.
3) Watch at least 4 AFI movies.  Watched five!  Just 14 left! 
4) Cook at least 12 new recipes.  Love this goal.  Done!  Over and above!
5) Complete at least two 30 before 30 goals.  Only did one this month.  Not only.  I did one and continued progress on 5 more.  I now have 7 completed, 6 in progress and 18 outstanding... in a little under a year. 
6) Work out at least three times per week.  Done!  Phew!  I realized I need to have my workouts done by Saturday or I STRUUUUUGLE to make it.
7) Make progress on the job search daily.  I was hit or miss on this one.  I can certainly do better.

September Goals
1) Read 4 books.  At least one teaching book and make progress on two film and/or journalism books.
2) Read an additional 60 chapters of the bible to reach 1155.  I'll have 34 left!!  I also want to finish Ezekial and read all of Daniel.
3) Watch at least 4 AFI movies.  The closer I get to the end, the easier this becomes.  Phew! 
4) Cook at least 15 new recipes.  My cooking mojo has returned and I don't want to lose it so I'm upping the goal!
5) Complete at least two 30 before 30 goals.  I have 7 completed, 7 in progress and 16 outstanding... in a little over a year.  I think I'm going to put out a public plea to get some help with the rest.
6) Work out at least three times per week.  With my 5k training, this won't be a problem.  I've only had one run so far and I LOVED IT!!  It definitely made me feel like I can do this!! :)
7) Make progress on the job search daily.  This includes searching, writing letters and resumes and CVs, etc.
8) Complete at least two syllabi for future courses.  I want to be ready when I get my next teaching position so I'm preparing future syllabi now.  Even if I don't get hired teaching these courses, the more practice I get making syllabi, the easier it will be for me to create them.

2 comments:

Ladynay said...

Up to now I have never thought about the amount of effort teachers had to put into making a syllabus! Ugh! Good luck with that.

Jameil said...

Awww! I'm already educating the masses!! Thank you! :)