*Day 2 of daily posting...
1) After badgering from Rashan I bought some margarita mix... after I bought it I looked at the label: 0% juice. *shudder* That's disgusting. I only buy 100% juice but I have this drink "product." I gave it to him when he came here.
2) Every time I try to get my Netflix queue down, I end up adding more films! At this rate I will need to watch 750 films every year for the rest of my life.... and that ain't happenin. I think I'll watch 365 next year, though.
3) I'm going through serious "When Harry Met Sally" withdrawal. I haven't seen it since January or February and I usually watch at least once a month. I heard someone say "He's never gonna leave her" in a movie and I wanted to go watch it IMMEDIATELY. But since I'm still pretty far behind I decided against it. But it wasn't easy!! I WANT A REWARD FOR WATCHING 750 MOVIES WHEN THIS YEAR IS OVER!!!!
4) The other night I told Rashan, "I'm not here to be nice. I'm here to be awesome." Clearly that statement is proof.
5) Rashan told me my film reviews sometimes sound like I will scream if I hear someone mention the film. Lol. Hilarious. Yes I was aware of this though I wouldn't have put it like that. And well... sometimes I won't SCREAM per se but I'm not gonna be happy if you mention that film!
6) It's been a while since I heard heavy rain, you know living in the sunshine state. The rainy season has been over for about a month and I haven't heard heavy rain... that means the rain outside sounds strange! Which is also weird.
7) I wonder if Goldie Hawn can act... I liked her more before seeing her old stuff which is full of her playing the bubble-headed blonde. I feel bad for people when I see that.
8) Carib what? Before I got to Hampton I was completely ignorant of the nuances of Caribbean culture. I am by no means an expert now but I had no clue there were so many nations with so many cultural differences. I grew up in the SOUTH. Charlotte was not nearly as diverse then as it is now 20+ years later. I might've met a Jamaican & my cousin's mom was from the Virgin Islands... my parents went to the Bahamas on their honeymoon... before I was born... yeah.... Nothing. Enter HU. Suddenly I know Bajans, Trinis, beaucoup Jamaicans, I'm listening to reggae and hearing people speaking patois! CRAZY! I also had my first beef patty & cocoa bread. Chile please. You know it's ALL about the food for me! It's been a while since I had some good Jamaican food! Man! Then shortly after I wrote this, I decided to go to the place near campus... W OW! The escovitch fish was DELISH! These pickled carrots were amazing! & the menu is so extensive! Clearly I need to go back regularly!
9) One of my fb pet peeves is when someone says "Tag me on this picture!" You're looking at the picture... TAG YOURSELF!!!
10) Just as I suspected, I got my Food Network Magazine & Rachael Ray isn't in it. BOOOOOOOO!!!!
11) I don't know that I can trust Guy Fiori after learning he doen't like big breakfasts at home.
12) Little known fact, the president visited Pamela's Diner (and loved it) while campaigning in Pittsburgh... I'd already been there multiple times. Guess what that makes me? AWESOME! :)
13) It's funny that my professors are very aware of my sensitivity to length. I seriously cannot take long films. And it actually has very little to do with the actual length and more to do with the emotional length. As in that movie was only 73 minutes but felt like my entire life. That means there is not enough happening in the plot and there are too many dull moments for your film to sustain my attention. I've watched 2.5-3 hour films I didn't want to end (Sex & the City (more because of my previously acquired affinity for the characters), Amelie). Fix that.