Here We Go Again
It's cold (high 41. NOT 83, Stace.) and snowing (lightly, but still snowing... on November 5th. This is part of what I can't stand about living up here. We would be crunk to get flurries in late December at home). But don't cry for me, Argentina. Poor Epsi. It snowed 8 inches up there!!
While hearing that, I said to myself, let's think about places I never want to live.
1) Anywhere it snows and accumulates in early November, and the occurence is neither a fluke, nor cause for alarm. Even Pittsburgh doesn't have this particular malfunction. It would certainly be outside the norm for there to be accumulation at this point in the year.
2) Anywhere I can count the number of Black people and feel like I should immediately befriend those countables.
3) Anywhere I might get shot just for walking down the street. Yes, I know that's vague and could apply literally anywhere.
4) The street.
5) Any combination of those.
I also thought about where I would like to live at some point in my life, if only for a few months.
1) London. Didn't you love it Mademoiselle?
2) California. I know it's expensive but I expect to be making those dollars when I go out there.
3) Somewhere southern. I miss the south.
1) Miami again. Me and Stace had so much fun!!!!!!!!! Plus I seriously cannot live without drinking another mojito from Versailles. This time I want more than one.
2) New York City. I need to be there with a native. BK, Noisy, 1969, all y'all. Get it together.
3) Houston. My fave college roomie is with child and I have to go see Sydney Denise when she gets here. While I'm there I will make V and La show me the town.
Of course there are more, but that's plenty for now. Where do you want to go?