12.31.2005

Tag this

I have been tagged... here it is. The five things you never knew about me but always wanted to and didn't know how to ask.

1) I like funerals. I know it sounds strange but its closure for me. And I prefer to see the person lowered into the ground. When I was 6, my sister's best friend got hit by a car and died. Within the next 2 years, an uncle, my grandmother, grandfather and softball coach all died. So I was exposed to death very early. My mother explained it to me, bought books, the whole nine. I think it made me very well-adjusted (if i do say so myself lol) and a lot easier for me to deal with death. This year I attended one of the best funerals of my life. My fellow Hamptonian and Student Leader, 25-year-old Dr. Kenny Riddle died in a car accident in September. It was an inspiration to see how many he had touched in 25 years. It would not be an exaggeration to say there were at least 500 people there. Amazing. The music was amazing, and as he was a member of Tye Tribbett and Greater Annointing, I was introduced to their music. Walk tall Student Leaders just as tall as you can! You're the BEST student leaders in the whole blessed land!

2) I want to skip having children and go straight to being a grandma. I think that would be so cool. You don't have the child birth, terrible twos, dreadful teenage "I HATE YOU MOM!! YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!!" years, you know actual raising. And when the kids act up, you get to give them back. Nice. Anyone know how I can get on that plan? And I'm still going to have my grandkids call me "Grandma Dahling." They'll think my first name is Dahling. That's hilarious! Lololol. And then I'll sign things Love Dahling (your cool grandma).

3) I want a chef! A lady in my book club in Charlotte was married to a chef. A five-star chef at that. He used to cook for all the meetings hosted at their house. How great is that? Never having to cook? Can I get with that? How about Rachael Ray? Can I marry her? I know she's already married, but she's the best! I love her! She sooo taught me how to cook. And the whole not being a lesbian thing kinda gets in the way, too. How about if I just keep her in a little box and take her out when I'm hungry. Can I do that?

4) I'm going to rule the world. Maybe not the actual world, but a large portion of it. I just want to be that person that people aspire to be like. Like interns are scared to talk to me b/c I'm so larger than life. That's cool. But then they talk to me and they're like, "Jameil (can you believe she let me call her that?!) is really nice and down to earth and so successful" and I'll be like, yes, yes, go on. I'm certain I can run the world. And I can't wait!

5) I LOVE the AP wires. I tell you. Those things are addictive. I could read them everyday. When I'm at work, I do. There are the craziest stories on there. Plus, I love knowing all the inane facts of every story I write or hear on television and being able to correct things that aren't exactly accurate. That's so much fun! God bless the AP wires. I read them obsessively. I'm becoming known for that. Like, "If its on the wires, Jameil knows about it." Now that's hot.

Ok so now I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but my blog ring is so incestuous I don't even know that there is anyone left for me to tag... let's see... Elaina, Stacey, Michy-poo (the 3 I inspired to blog! whoo hoo!!), Karamale, and... Queen City Playa. If any of the aforementioned have already been tagged, please do not do this again. I don't need to know that much about you. Lolol. Just kidding guys... I guess. lololol

7 comments:

Jameil said...

dizyaboy... thanks! oh to be a grandma first! lol

allegedly big j... its very sad that you are not able to read books. it is quite possible you have the shortest attention span known to man. so ha!

Sherlon Christie said...

you could have tagged me...

Rell said...

Well when you take over the world -- just ummm protect me...

Jameil said...

haven't you already been tagged sp? i 'clare i've seen more facts about you in the last 2 months than like all of life. lol. aww. well you can do it too. i thought a/b tagging you but i just knew you had already been tagged.

rell... i shall have to think about that! lol

Darren Sands said...

I had a friend who said she wanted to be a grandma, too. The only problem she had was when she said that, everyone started calling her "grandma" after that. Actually, I don't even know her first name anymore.

Karamale said...

hah you gon tag me when i'm on the road? i'ma need a minute on that one.

Jameil said...

darren...ugh!! i'm so disgusted!! you don't remember her name! lies! lolol

karamale... hahahahaha. if i must be tagged, so must you!!