12.09.2005

Fun with Snow! (Yeah right)

I was called in early (meaning 1am instead of 430) to help w/the snow coverage. Yes we got about 5 inches and I had to drive through it to get to work. A 35-minute drive took about an hour and 15 minutes. Probably because I really had no desire to drive faster than 30 or 35 on roads covered in about 3 inches of snow in some spots. Fun. Luckily I had Kyle on the phone to calm me down and talk me off the ledge b/c clearly I would've jumped. Especially after 4 deer frolicked next to the road when I was on this winding one-way back road next to a guardrail on a 30-foot drop. Yes I used my earpiece, but I wasn't on the phone when I saw the deer. Thanks. Kyle already asked me if I used my earpiece while I was on the phone w/him. I'm not that crazy. And oddly enough I listened to my Boyz II Men Christmas cd including the classic "Let It Snow." I did sing along, but I didn't mean it. The snow advisory has ended and moved on. Only flurries and high winds for the rest of the day. However, the temps are expected to fall.

It is allegedly 34 and feels like 26. But I tell you what. After days of 12 (yesterday) and 19, but feels like 0, 34 and feels like 26 is like summer to me! Oh no! I'm becoming a yankee!! Make it stop. I'm thinking about going to Florida for Christmas. I found a ticket to West Palm Beach for $204. Everyone here would be so jealous. You know that means I have to go. Stacey goes to the beach every year for Christmas and New Year's. I think she does it to taunt me. Jerk. Lol. Although I did say I wasn't going to visit her again until she came to visit me. We'll see. She'll have to read this to even know that I'm considering going down there to chill w/Mini-Me and the Ghanaian Goblin.

Anyway I have time to write to you because they brought me in early to help w/writing for no reason. There were two writers in at 1 (including me) and we finished writing by about 215. Clearly I was like umm... can I go sleep now? I got plenty of sleep last night but when the executive producer told me I had to stay through the noon today (getting off at 1245pm), I was immediately sleepy again. Anticipation, I tell you. Anyway we go on early at 430 today. You would think 6 inches of snow wouldn't be that big of a deal here. I don't know what the deal is. Stay tuned. I'll ask one of our weather people (that is if they're not running around like chickens with their heads cut off).

But wait. Why did someone (I'm not naming names) ask me if I was going to make a snow family, including a dog? Umm... no. He said why. I said because I'm not twelve. I used to love snow and was actually kind of excited about seeing this much of it. Howsomeever, I did not want to drive in that bull ish. I can't believe I live in a place where life goes on when it snows. I truly did not ever consider that I would ever be in that position. Seriously. Even when I considered the thought of living in a place where it would snow, I still didn't think about the fact that I would have to drive in it. Don't ask why and don't make fun. This was my second time driving in the snow. The first time was Sunday. Come on people I've never lived above VA. And VA was on the coast.

I know you want to know about my trip to Connecticut and how the Color Purple was, however, you will have to wait. I'm in the midst of a 9-day work week. Stay tuned (for real this time).

By the way, the temp just dropped one degree. It's already dropping. Dammit all to hell. I can deal w/snow but you can keep this cold crap.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT IS MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG OF ALL TIMES ... I HAVE GOT TO FIND IT!

Sorry for the yelling, but I do not hear too many people talk abou that song too much!

Man I love it --- the ultimate love/Christmas song!

Clay said...

i hate the snow really i do - i never understand why we need so much coverage on it! lol also, PLEASE let us know what you thought of the Color Purple - ive heard so many mixed reviews. Also, thanks for your post saying "drop some more knowledge so i don't become his wife and bear his children along with his bizarre confused homosexual pains" that is a great point and if i was a woman i would feel the same way. i hate the way some of these confused men objectify women and think life will be so simple if they just get w. a woman.

Karamale said...

don't you hate when you accidentally start singing songs you officially hate?

Chris said...

I love snow, I just hate the insanity that comes with it. The weather folks (I don't dare call them meteorologists) keep predicting insane amounts of snow and nothing comes. It's like somebody's winding up for a big sneeze and it comes out all soft. Until my car is buried under snow, I don't want to hear about anymore storms until I have to dig my car out with a shovel.

Anonymous said...

We got the snow here before you guys got it. It was kind of funny because we went to bed with nothing so we're like there go the meteorologists and the hype for no reason. But we did get about four inches down here in Bmore. Thanks for letting people know that as you mature the desire to play in snow is tempered. I often have to say 13 is my shoe size and not my age to people. Yeah can't wait to hear about the trip. Take care. -CNEL

Jameil said...

stop hatin on the meteorlogists. they do that so you will be prepared for a large amount of snowfall. also some areas inevitably get more. they said 3-6. some places in the viewing area got 2 some places got 7, but most were in the range. i love our meterologists if you can't tell! lol. they also do it so the DOT gets prepared and gets out there to shovel and plow that crap so we don't die. unfortuanately chris i did have to dig my car out so if you need that to feel like snow, then you can come dig me out every morning at 12:30 or 4! thanks! lol

Lost In Translation said...

The deer were frolicking? Or were they just watching you invade their territory?

Rell said...

cane, how can you hate the snow? That's some of the best stuff on earth, of course it could just be because i live North Carolina and we NEVER get any.

Anyways, thanks for stopping by.

Jameil said...

no, them hoes were frolicking. not watching. runnin beside my car and all. i'm like please don't jump out here. i would really hate to have to kill you. and even more i'd hate to have you kill me.

rell it is b/c its nc. when i was in charlotte i loved snow but now that i have to actually drive thru that ish, the love is gone.

Anonymous said...

Yu have no room to complain!!! I go to school in Erie, which is 2 hours north of Pittsburgh. We get some snow at will. It has been snowing here everyday since last Sunday.

Sherlon Christie said...

damn homey...nine day work week...i did that in college...snow isn't all that bad being from Boston we don't get all antsy unless it over a foot. Rookies I tell you in the 'burgh.

Adei von K said...

karamele, I do hate it when i accidently sing songs I hate...i.e "If you lookin for me I'll be on the block, with my thing cocked possibly sittin on a drop...".
I think everybody should come to WPB for the holidays! Come on guys! I'm having a Young, Flashy and Fly Party on Singer Island...peerpressurepeerpressure peerpressure!