12.25.2005

Merry Christmas Baby...

Who sings that? You know the sexy man voice version. Otis Redding? I don't think so. I heard his version today and it wasn't quite what I had in mind. Hmmm... Anyway. Definitely not one of my best Christmases (how do you make that word plural?) Come on copy editors. Help me out. It seems kind of pointless to post again today when one person read yesterday, but its Christmas and I'm at work with nothing to do... so post I will.

As I said in the last post, I was sad because I was like, I'll be all alone for Christmas and that sucks. No one wants that. I mean come on, I live with my dad. Why do I gotta be alone? So yesterday I thought I was ok and was over it. Then this morning I woke up and waited for my phone to ring... and waited... and waited. Then I gave up and called my friend Michy-poo. We talked for an hour which made me feel better. I had talked to Stacey and Kyle before dawn could crack. Then around 12:45 I got really pissed. So I called my sister to ask her why she hadn't called me on Christmas and where was her mother, and why hadn't she called me either. It wasn't nice of me to call to pick a fight but I couldn't help it. I was in a pissy mood. Misery loves company. I said, this ain't cool. I'm away from my family for the first Christmas and they don't even have the decency to call me. Heathens. And I sent my mom and sister money for Christmas. I was mad b/c my mom spent hers and held my sister's until today. I would prefer for my Christmas gifts to be given out when I send them. Is that so much to ask? That really made me mad. I would've liked to feel appreciated and loved on Christmas. She went to church and didn't come back until like 130. At 215 my sister still didn't know!!! I'm like, What the FUCK!! I'm sorry. I'm being bad. I shouldn't curse anyway. But certainly not on Jesus' birthday. I couldn't help it. That really made my blood pressure rise. What are you waiting for?!!!! Christmas? It is Christmas!!!!! Ugh. Next topic please. I'm getting pissed again.

So I go in to work and everyone's pretty ok. I mean we are all in this boat together. And before I got to work I called Kyle and he let me cry on the phone and that made me feel a little bit better. And the weekend morning producer gave me a Christmas card which made me happy, too. She's a really cool person. It makes having to come in EVERY weekend a lot more bearable. Speaking of which. Why am I working every weekend? When can a sista get a weekend off? I'm sayin. I'm not askin for every weekend or even a weekend a month. But the last weekend I had off (entire weekend I'm sayin) was when I requested off in October to go to Homecoming. And I'm pretty sure that's the only one I've had. Ok there might have been one more. But I'm sayin.

January schedules are out and that makes 6 months (WOW! I didn't realize that soon I will have been at the station for 6 months soon-- that's cool). I think that's a bit much. Especially when I know for a fact this one girl did not work one entire weekend in November or December. And do you know this bitch had the nerve to complain that she's working every weekend in January. Welcome to the club. Now shut up and get to work. Wouldn't it make more sense not to schedule the shit out of people and rotate? Whatever. Maybe one day a nameless person will figure out the subtleties of scheduling. Come on. Is it really that hard? You have all the old schedules in front of you. Use them!!!

Anyway. At least I get to see Kyle tomorrow. Yay!! He's the best. We always have fun together. I just wish there was a Duke or Kentucky game on so we could watch it together and I could rub that in his face. Maybe when I go up there in January. Ooh! And he said we can watch it at ESPN. How jealous are you of me? I mean damn. I'm jealous of myself!! Lololol. So I've decided that I will post a series on what I've learned this year, how I've grown as a person, and how I'll be able to move forward with grace in the next year. I love that name. That was my great-grandmother's name. So beautiful. Grace. Anyway. Stacey calls me Sidetrack Bob. I wonder why....

So while I'm at work I get a call from my friend Tasha (see last post) that another one of our friends was in a car accident. She has no memory of what happened. State police tell her she hit a tree and the car flipped several times. She had to be cut out of the back of the SUV. She broke her pelvic bone and several bones in her back. And she sounds like hell. She's all drugged up on morphine. That shit is scary. She'll be in the hospital for several days but won't know if she'll need therapy or surgery until tomorrow. So since I can't go see her, I'm trying to figure out what cute, creative, crafty-type thing I'll be doing. I'm notorious for these things. I want it to be some huge gesture. We've been friends for more than 10 years now. Wow. I just realized we've been friends forever. She's my true hangin buddy. I can always count on her to stay in the streets with me until like 7 in the morning. We're gonna get that whole pelvic thing healed (well not we, I can't help you w/that dog, some things you gotta do on your own lol) and we're hittin the streets. Back in *insert ghetto diva/sapphire/boneqweesha/brocccaleigha/lafebreeeziya voice* "stilleto pumps in the club" (she wears more stilletos that anyone else I know) and is always down to hit the clubs with me. Dammit. BTW, I actually do know of a girl named Bonequeesha, Daquiri, and Aquanetta (yes she was named after the hair spray). I know a girl named Qadriyyah (pronounced kwah-dree-ya), Tyewanda, and I think this one takes the cake... Febreezia!!! NOOOOOOOO!! Oh yeah and one of my cousin's middle name is Fenekia. I don't know what the hell that's about. I asked my mom and she just shrugged like that's her name. Ummm... ok. Alright y'all that's it for the ghetto name report, and my worst Christmas to date.

Don't worry, I am in much better spirits now despite the bad news. I think I'm happy because at least she's still alive. She still has all her limbs. I mean it could have been much worse. The officer says she's "lucky to be alive." She said he also claims she wasn't wearing a seatbelt which she says she always wears. Hey guys. A former friend I once cared about a lot was in a serious car accident and definitely not wearing a seatbelt. His friend fell asleep at the wheel and he was thrown through a windshield. He could have died as well. Just wear your seatbelts please.

Also, it might be a couple of days until I can post with the trip, and Tasha coming to visit. I'll holla when I can!

7 comments:

Chris said...

Merry Christmas to you too, I didn't have to do anything except spend time with my family, which seems to work within itself, but it was a good holiday.

Anonymous said...

I hope your friend has a speedy recovery. And you take care of yourself also.

M-Dubb said...

Wow...

In other news...

TAG!

http://marlonawalker.blogspot.com/
2005/12/tag-im-it.html

Charles X said...

representin in the TV business! congrats on the job, i know you worked for that shit... um, im sorry about the christmas mishaps. i have a new saying: Christmas Kills.

Rell said...

i agree with epsilonicus, hope everything is well and your christmas was good.

Rell said...

might as well say happy new years while i'm here!

Karamale said...

well, sidetrack, i just added you to my blog links.