I missed Monday Mindspacing so you're welcome for today.
1) I hate seeing people gathered for national blog events and there are 0 non-white faces. Alllll of the bloggers in the U.S. and you can't diversify AT ALL?? When it's a big company, I write them to complain.
2) Remember how I JUST talked about the show 3 Days to Open? Why did I read that he only did 6 episodes and he won't do any more because they're too exhausting? WHY, BOBBY?? WHY?! Tease.
3) Rashan was off for my birthday... FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK!! It was glorious! Here we are at Tuesday of the next week and I'm still not ready to relinquish him to the world. I love our cocoon. The fact that we have a ball with just the two of us at the house? Awesome. For now, let's pretend I'll do a birthday recap of all celebrations...
4) The worst thing about mommy bloggers is their guilt and over-analyzing when they're doing NOTHING WRONG. Make the best choices for your family. Don't apologize. Eliminate those unnecessary people who make you feel guilty.
5) Do you guys watch the Tia & Tamera reality show? We love it! It also makes me want twins even more one day! I've wanted them since I was 9!
6) At my family reunion I found out my grandma really wanted twins. She didn't get them. But her son had twin girls (my first cousins). One first cousin has twin sons. Another first cousin has twin grandsons. GIMME MY TWINS!!
7) R.I.P. to my 2nd toenail on my right foot. It has succumbed to running. Slamming my toe into my shoe over hundreds of miles this year is the culprit. It turned black first. When the replacement nail finished growing in, the other one fell off. Since I kept it painted, it wasn't terribly noticeable. The replacement nail is raggedy, though. Immediately painted.
8) I ORDERED NEW RUNNING SHOES!!! YAY!! Thanks to my mom for the birthday money!
9) I've been furiously applying for jobs. I get these flurries of inspiration and do a bunch of them at once. The most annoying thing is that most of them are with colleges or universities and they all have similar application systems requesting the same information over and over with no overlap. I can't just my resume and cover letter. I have to also type in my employment & education history with descriptions and dates and times and people ad nauseum. Let's end this by getting me a fantastic job by the end of the month, mmkay? Thanks, God!
10) I'm supposed to be doing something for someone else... they dragged their feet and now I don't feel like it anymore...
11) There is so much mundanity on twitter, an overabundance of stupid picture quotes on facebook and proselytizing on both. Thank God for the unsubscribe button on facebook. If there would be no bad blood, I would follow 17 people on twitter (instead of 75) and friend 8 people on facebook (instead of 450 or so). Those might be slight exaggerations but go with that. I don't even want to hear the opinions on every topic of the people I love most let alone X person's (usually ill-informed) chatter. Have a seat! *steps down from soapbox*
12) Why can't I stop myself from checking stacks of books out from the library? Because I get absorbed into browsing the stacks (judging books by their covers) and pick up everything that looks interesting. I always have to literally shake myself, say "OKAY!," close my eyes, point my body toward the exit and walk to stop grabbing books. My current faves are memoirs. Can't get enough! They're like extended blogs!