1) I'm (slowly... LOL) approaching 1300 posts... Wow. I would never have imagined when I started this blog nearly 7 years ago how many fabulous people I would meet because of it.
2) I was recognized in public because of my blog! If it's happened before, whoever saw me didn't say anything. I was so confused at first. LOL But it was cool! Thanks for reading!
3) I have been ravenous for the last 2 days. Like if you get your hand close enough to my mouth, you might lose it. I'm pretty sure it's the high level of activity. My old trainer is moving so I worked out with her one last time on Friday. WOW!! a- it's been a long time since I worked out in front of a mirror-- arms miraculously awesome (I never do any arm work), a little thigh jiggle and a little belly jiggle, b- I'm much stronger than I thought I was w/little strength training so running is AMAZING, c- she said I my lunge jump switches were so graceful and most people land like elephants. LOL & yay!
From the abs down was misery on Saturday but I had a 7-mile run planned so I did it. Then I lead a run/walk for 2.5 miles. I got home and was murderously hungry! If we owned a chicken, it would have died. This hunger could not be quelled all day. I would eat, still be hungry afterwards or know the hunger would soon return. Sunday, I lead a 1.5-mile run/walk, then ran 2 miles. Why hello, Ravenisha. (My name for the weekend.) 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning after eating? STILL HUNGRY!!! First breakfast has already been consumed: a stuffed pepper with a corn tortilla and Honey Bunches of Oats with Raisins in almond milk. Second breakfast: a frittata using the pepper filling with 2 slices of wheat toast is imminent.
4) Why do overweight or obese people think it's okay to "jokingly" call me fat or tell me I'm going to get fat? That's what my mom said to me when I told her I couldn't get rid of my hunger. Really? I'm going to get fat? She apologized but that "joke" is never funny. Just because you see/hear of people working out or they look slim doesn't mean they don't have their own issues with weight. Maybe just maybe that's part of why they work out.
5) Speaking of that... I went into the archives for other times I spoke of weight and found some crazy! On one post, Rashan, before he was even my boyfriend, said, "You should totally feign anorexia when you go home. That would be hilarious." NUT!! I'm about to bring that back for old times sake. People seriously used to ask me if I was eating enough. RUDE. If I wasn't, you couldn't save me with a slick remark in a 20-second conversation.
6) I'm sleeping horribly again. I'll wake up after 2 hours feeling refreshed then go back to sleep 4-5 hours later. How nutty is that? I do not like it.
7) We are OBSESSSSSED with the Olympics round here! Like watching THE most random sports and getting all into it! Women's weightlifting you say? All in! We've also been watching the usual-- swimming & gymnastics. Synchronized diving? Synchronized AWESOMENESS! I love all of the synchronized sports! And I can't wait for track! Shocker, right?? :) I LOVED the torch lighting and fireworks of the opening ceremonies!
8) My sister-in-law stays posting pictures on facebook... of herself. You look the same. You have two kids under the age of five. You live far away. Please post pictures of the children.
9) Y'all know I love Mariah Carey! I briefly considered watching American Idol now that she'll be a judge. Decided against it because I realllly hate amateur performers. I still love you though, Mimi.
10) Conan O'Brien played a mash-up of a bunch of news anchors around the country who unwittingly used the same cliché over and over and over. INSANE! This is EXACTLY why you're not supposed to use clichés in journalism. I'm gonna show that video in every journalism writing class I ever teach. LOL
11) Rashan has finally stopped asking me to fix the local news here. LOLOL! We still can't watch it together because it's so awful that I moan and complain the entire time. I do probably need to flex that critical muscle, though so I'll be torturing myself again soon.
12) I don't get the appeal of QVC & HSN. I have never wanted to sit and watch either of those channels or been remotely tempted by their wares.