1) It never stops looking fruity for one man to light another man's cigarette. No matter how many classic films I watch.
2) I really wish Netflix would stop classifying every old movie as a classic. That is a lie.
3) I regularly see what Rashan's commented on the blogs we both read and say to myself, "Self..." Lol. J/k. But I regularly respond to him in the comments... WHY DO I DO THIS!? I assume because I'm so used to having a dialogue with him. 15 months into our relationship we still talk a minimum of 1.5 hours a day (usually only that short on Wednesdays when I'm exhausted) and up to 6 hours, but on average 4 hours a day. Sometimes I feel bad for responding to him in other people's comments. Then I get over it. It's the nature of the beast.
4) Though this thought is probably unpopular, I heartily disapprove of living in the same state your entire life. It really does help you to live outside of your comfort zone. EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS! It's fun! It's actually really uncomfortable at first, but you adjust. And if nothing else, you learn things about yourself. If I hadn't left Charlotte I may never have started blogging and can you imagine that world? You wouldn't have me! And neither would Rashan! Tears all around. Pass the tissues.
5) I told my thesis partner about the fried butter at the Texas state fair & he balked, said, "WHAT?! I don't understand Texas." Lololol. I've never been to Texas but he said the airports were enough for him. HILARIOUS! I'm totally going to Texas one day! Fave roomie lives there AND obviously there is some of the Mexican food in the world in that state. I'm salivating thinking about it... seriously.
6) VH1 did a celebrity list talking about who had the best lips. Of the women for consideration, there were NO black women. YEAH. RIGHT. Rashan's response to the list upon hearing this? "Invalid." Word.
7) I'm increasingly irritated by the bickering & outside the kitchen/work room stuff on Top Chef & Project Runway. I do NOT care if you don't like your competitor. As so many of you love to say, "You're not here to make friends." BTW, retire that saying.
8) My mom told me she doesn't want to live to be 100. I didn't appreciate that. I didn't even think to bargain with her and ask for 99.99. I'm seriously slacking in my debating. I think I was scared to ask her when she was planning on leaving. I'm not having it! YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER!! (For those of you concerned, I'm pretty comfortable with death b/c I experienced it a lot when I was younger. I don't like it but recognize it as a part of life.)
8) During my perusal of some of my old posts, I realized something. I was hilarious! Lol! I had so much energy two years ago! I'm not saying I don't now but I've certainly calmed down. Lol. This one cracked me up!!
9) I tried chocolate-dipped bacon at the fair... just because I'd heard of it. Dude... I was not a fan. Partly because it was cold. Cold bacon doesn't have nearly the appeal of hot bacon. Rashan didn't mind it, though. He actually liked it! I felt ill afterward.
10) I'm working on my 30 things to do before 30 list... I should hurry up and finish it to give myself 2.75 years to complete it! Suggestions? Travel is already pretty high on the list... as in at least 3 of the items!
11) Rashan saw the craziest part of me early Saturday morning... and stayed around. Bless his heart. Lol. MINE! ALL MINE!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
12) I went to the game alone last week because my one classmate who also has season tix didn't go. Turns out I didn't mind it at all. Gator nation is real! We all enjoyed the game together! Plus I didn't feel so pressured to stand the entire time so it helped not to have to do that. AND my feet felt much less painful at the end of the night! SCORE!!
13) I get pretty funky when I have bad service... so much so that Rashan would rather get takeout than have to deal w/the possibility of hearing my irritation over it. Lolol. Whatev! Make them get it together!! PLEASE!
14) Rashan said the reason so many of you commented on the relationship post is b/c you think we're getting married... IS THIS TRUE??? Because if so, y'all should calm down! Lol.