1) I love how well my body responds to exercise!! After the first week in a while of 3 workouts a week, I already feel more svelte and sleek. Eye of the tiger kids! Especially since I've made a commitment to workout 3xs a week in the month of October.
2) I'm ready to admit it: I, Jameil1922, am an Etsy crack whore. ACK!!! The idea of being able to find cute vintage stuff and/or handmade hats and jewelery without having to leave my house. LOVES IT!! Wait until you see these hats I made!!!
3) No matter how many times I hear it, and I've heard it at least 5xs this year in different films from the Civil Rights Movement era, it sends chills down my spine and nearly brings tears to my eyes when I hear Bobby Kennedy announce the assassination of Dr. King. I can only imagine how devastating it was to hear that at a time when the country was in so much racial and emotional turmoil.
4) "Wrong. WRONG!" Dude! When Rashan and I first started talking on the phone, before we started dating, we were reciting whole scenes from the Chappelle Show on the phone. Lololol. How 'bout he said he should've known it wasn't gonna work out with this chick he went on a few dates with when she had never seen an episode. SCRATCH THE RECORD. You should've never spoken to her again. How bout THAT!
5) I'm in full student mode right now. I can't watch, eat or read ANYTHING out of critique mode. It's insane. INSANE!! ... But I kind of like it.
6) Why in editing "RunThisTown" for radio would you beep out g.string but not arse? Does that make a lick of sense? No. Smooth move ATL radio.
7) I have no idea how to dress for fall anymore. Seeing as we had one week of normal temps which might be misconstrued as something like fall i.e. below 88 and it's been 90+ but feels like up to 100? Yeah... I'm still looking like summer out here all day every day. But in Atlanta it's fall. Since I went to Atlanta this weekend, I kind of needed to remember that... yeah...
8) Taste of Atlanta was AWESOME. We definitely found some new restaurants to try. One, Tin Lizzy's had yummy Mexican food but pitiful margaritas... that's never good for a Mexican restaurant to have bad 'ritas i.e. is there really alcohol in this because it tastes like straight sour mix... Fix that. I cannot wait to go to Highland Bakery because they had these AMAZING sweet potato pancakes with caramelized brown sugar syrup. I will be thinking about those for years.
9) I've been dreaming about food a lot lately. I know this seems like it would be something I do regularly, but it's not. That's why I've noticed it.
10) I've actually seen some good movies recently. That doesn't mean I don't want to finally be able to watch my favorite movies. I do want that. I really really miss 'When Harry Met Sally' and 'Brown Sugar.' Le sigh.
11) I've been blogging 4 years and missed my bloggerversary! Tsk tsk.