4.29.2008

35 Fearless Questions

The questions continue... Click here for Part I.

17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being completely and utterly unhappy with yourself. You know how some people think they can do no wrong? These people are irritating and should sit down somewhere. But can you imagine hating the only person you can't escape? That's awful. Wise words from my mom: if you don't like you, why should anyone else?

18. Where would you like to live?
Oooh! Somewhere where I know people! I used to want to live in DC because just driving in that area makes me all giddy. Not because it's so fun but because I can feel the energy and life pumping through that place. Pittsburgh feels like the depressed city it is. The weather doesn't help. Neither does the amount of people, particularly the young, making regular, permanent exoduses out.

19. What is your most marked characteristic?
Isn't that for others to say? What do you think is my most marked characteristic?

20. Who are your favorite writers?
Oooh. I don't like picking favorites when it comes to books and authors. I have books I like and authors I like. I like to read and I'm open to new things. But not your bad poetry or "literature." I'm wary of that and may look at you differently if you tell me a hideous book or author.

21. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Sigh. Again, really?

22. Who are your heroes in real life?
People who follow their dreams and who don't get caught up in the hype, whatever the hype may be for their particular circumstances. Believing your own press, whatever that press may be, whether or not it's just people blowing your head up face to face or actual media coverage, is bad for business. And that business is yourself. I'm not a businessman; I'm a business, man.

23. What is it that you most dislike?
Foolishness. I can't stand people who waste time. Leisure is one thing but not caring about anything is a whole other ball of wax. People who fall into the latter category exasperate me beyond measure.

24. What is your motto?
I don't really ascribe to those sorts of things. If something appeals to me, I'll get behind it, but usually shortly thereafter something else catches my eye. Something shiny! J/k. This isn't Stace... hahahahahaha. So you're saying, what is it for you now? I couldn't even tell you but it's something surrounding my fabulosity and owning it and growing in God. What else do you really need?

25. Favorite Journey?
Life. Man isn't it crazy? If you had told me 10 years ago I was gonna end up in this city and for this long I would've looked at you like you were on drugs! But I have learned some invaluable lessons here that I would never give up. Doesn't this sound like a farewell? Don't worry, I wouldn't leave without telling you and I wouldn't announce anything like that in such a round about manner.

26. What do you value most in your friends?
Honesty.

27. Which words or phrases do you must overuse?
Lol. Hahahahaha. "Really, though?" "I'ma go with no." I'm sure there are more but again, you're probably more familiar with the answer to this question than I am so shoot. (I'm really setting myself up for some stuff right now!! Lol.)

28. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Oh my. I have no idea. I don't know THAT much about history to want to take on someone's entire history like that. I want to create my own.

29. What is your greatest extravagance?
I've really tried to cut down on those but I'll say trips because when I go, I really don't hold back like I should. I will spend and spend and spend. I have a blast, though.

30. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
How scattered we are. I have 36 first cousins. I know all the cousins on my mom's side, but because they live in Mississippi, I only see them once a year so max 30 times in my life (there may have been a few years we went more than once a year). On my dad's side, he has 8 brothers and sisters who have 27 children among them. I haven't met some of them and wouldn't know them if I saw them on the street. At least 5 are old enough to be my parents. Some of them have children my age. Wouldn't recognize many of them on the street. But I'm getting to the point where I'm just like whatever, I'll just have to ask all future gentlemen interested in the fabness their lineage J.I.C.

31. What is your favorite occupation?
No comment for myself but for my future husband? CHEF!! Lol. Mexcian, please!

32. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Honesty. This is an unassailable trait. It'd be nice if she knew when to shut up, too. It's hard to be friends with someone who doesn't know how to let a silence linger every once in a while. Maybe not express every thought in your head.

33. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Again, honesty. And nice arms and smelling like soap doesn't hurt either. I'm not the biggest fan of cologne. You know men have a weaker sense of smell which means y'all pour that stuff on and it's so unsexy. Which means I'd just rather you didn't. Plus there's nothing wrong with a man who smells great but only if you get really close to him. Oh that's delightful. This man sitting behind me in bible study leaned forward and I got a whiff of the J.ergens soap!* Praise Him for soap! Can I get an amen? Lol.

*No, I wasn't really able to tell just by that whiff but it was delightful, whatever it was.

34. How would you like to die?
Wow. Okay crazy. In my sleep at 101. Why not? Go hard or go home (heaven). Lol.

35. If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
Huh? Didn't we do this in part one? Since I said ladybug before I'll assume that answer was rejected. In this case I would come back as some rich person's dog. You can do whatever you want whenever you want and are incessantly pampered with people to clean up after you, doggie pedis and spas. (Uh oh Rah, that's in your hood!) THAT is living. I don't like being touched by strangers as a human but I think I'd be slightly more amenable to that as a dog.

17 comments:

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

36 first cousins? WHOA!!!!!!! and you chickened out...i wanna die by a skiing trip gone wrong...it would make for a good write-up...

Jazzy said...

I usually hate these question thingees...but your answers are sooooo...what's the word??? REAL!

I enjoyed reading. As usual.

You are not kidding about the Mexican chef hubby are you? LOL

Did I tell you that one of the guys from top chef, cooks at my favorite Mexican restaurant? I'll try to get the digits the next time I'm there. LOL

Rashan Jamal said...

Overused phrase... "You're wack.... or "you're wacktastic"...or anything that refers to me and wackness in the same sentence.

Don't be coming to my hood as dog, if you can't come as a human. LOL But for the record, that's closer to Twan than to me.

I'll stop now so I don't get accused of being extra. LOL

La said...

I think that's precisely why I enjoyed living in DC. There is always such an energy to it all the time. It's the kinda place that makes you wanna just get out and DO something... that plus the fact that it literally is the "gateway", pretty much everywhere east coast you wanna be is easily accessible

Adei von K said...

lowest depth of misery- self hatred. we are ------------------->here<----------

your most marked characteristic is your is self proclaimed fabness. if blogs weren't labeled, everyone would know yours.

i think RJ is right. wacktastic/wackness is your word of choice.

*face* on the lights comment. how you gon play me son? in front of millions?!

Desy said...

how would you like to die?? what kind of question is that...lol

ummm... i'm unsure if i've read long enough to pick out your best trait... but i think you are funny ass hell and that's enough for me

@diva- is it dale... cause i want those digits myself...lol

Desy said...

complete digression, but do you know that PCD is gonna be on Ugly Betty?!?!? 'FIERCE!'...lol

The F_Uitlist said...

#23 Foolishness, YESYES I am with you on that one.

ROFLMAO at a Mexican chef hubby, but they can cook anything even GRITS!

Uhmm can we lose the word verification people I'm just saying.... :)

Liz Dwyer said...

Chef that cooks Mexican -- um, hello, you need to be in LA then. And if you come as a dog, come back as a really big one so you can help me lay the smackdown on pink tracksuit heffa's dog.

Momisodes said...

36 first cousins? Whoa!

"People who follow their dreams and who don't get caught up in the hype,..." - Very well said and I couldn't agree more.

San said...

I loved reading your answers, Jameil. "I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man." That's brilliant, as is what you have to say about "believing in your own press." You've got that right, babe. It's so hard to be honest with oneSelf, what's really in there, to use your word, the fabulosity that has to be owned and grown with God. I'll say it again: brilliant, my dear.

And I'm with you on thet heavy male cologne. Choke.

And the way life's journey takes us places we'd never imagined, places that help us grow our fabulosity in surprising ways.

Jameil said...

pcd... i know. that's what happens when your fam has so many kids who have so many kids. i don't ski b/c i like my legs. i tell people all the time. i write the news. i don't want to become it!

diva... aw! thanks! i'm so sincere on the chef! which top chef guy!? hook it up girl!

rj... is it my fault you're wack? i think you have yourself to blame for that one. is that an invitation? you know that was on purpose right? i know how much you love the gayborhood. LMAO!! you're so extra. i threw that in for good measure.

la.... this is what i'm sayin!! all that. you just expounded on it. and i love seeing people i know all the time.

stace... self-hatred is not hot for any year. the 08, the 07, the 09. i could be here forever. you're wack, too. lmao @ the lights! you know i had to get you!! i couldn't find your squirrel post on your blog so i was a bit bummed! maybe that was in joy's comments. bah.

desy... odd question right?? thanks homie! and BACK UP OFF DALE! RIGHT NOW! well go ahead and try girl. he'll end up with me. *afro flip* and i don't get into betty like that but i'm SO watching it this week b/c of that! yes i knew! wheee!!

tfil... the bible goes OFF on fools. and i'm so in agreement! lol. i'm SO in need of a mex chef hubby!!! and i love grits!! no losing the word verify!

liz... is that an invitation? that's 2 in one post! yessss!! lmao @ big dog to get pink track suit (PTS). rich people have lap dogs so i'm pretty sure i'd be one of those. HOWEVER. i would lure PTS in w/my adorableness then bite her.

sandy... i know girl. it gets to be a bit cumbersome! and thanks!

san... aww thx! i can't take credit for the business part tho that was all jay-z. it is quite brill, tho! lol. the rest of it is all me :) every time people get all caught up in their press is right around the time they start falling on their faces. growing with God feels magnifical or should i say magnificent! (stolen from another rapper-- this time jeezy. lol.) the heavy male cologne bah!!! bah i say!! the twists and turns of life are insane!! but so intriguing. can't wait for the next one. this one's a bit rough so i need the next one to be more soothing.

Sparkling Red said...

I am very much in agreement with silence being golden in good friendships. I've spent time with women who couldn't stand a moment of silence, and I was ready to punch them in the mouth by the end of the second hour of incessant chatter. I need to catch my breath in conversations from time to time.

And yes, soap is definitely the best smell for men. Cologne generally gives me a headache.

Rell said...

Life is a destination not a journey (yes I'm aware that's the inverse).

lol

Jameil said...

red... omg i found the reason i shan't join a women's gym yesterday!! THE INCESSANT TALKING!! SHUT UP!!! i don't know which is worse. that has to be worse than a hello or head nod. yes, yes it is. cologne just irritates me usually. sometimes it makes my throat close. problem huh? soap tho? SO hot!

rell... if you mean eternal life, then yes. but this earthly life? not so much.

Open Grove Claudia said...

I like honest people too! Sheez I thought I had a lot of cousins....

Jameil said...

claud... i know. lol.