8.01.2006

RootsKellyMexicanFellUponThieves

So... I know you're all wondering how the Roots were. I would love to know. It was sold out. Who knew the Roots would sell out in Pittsburgh? Talib Kweli didn't. And I see how crunk people get over Jeezy. I just knew for certain they wouldn't care about the Roots.... but they did. So I didn't get to go. I went to sleep. And tried to make plans to see them in a different city. First I tried Cincinnati. But then I realized how far that is and that I would have to go by myself. Then I saw Philly. The bf and I were planning a trip to Philly for my bday. Then I decided I wanted to go to Connecticut and see him, go to Boston and have a birthday party. So who knows when I'll finally be able to see the Roots.

That Wednesday I went to see Kelly Clarkson. VIP. Very nice. Row P for free. She was actually really really good. Very down to earth. She went into the audience and put on the shirts two people gave her that said Kelly Clarkson 2006. It was so cute. Not an American Idol fan. Its also very hard for me to listen to the station that plays her music for more than 15 minutes, so I didn't know very many songs. Still enjoyed it. She can sing.

Friday: Went to Mad Mex w/my dad. A Pittsburgh/Philly/State College/Columbus Mexican restaurant. It's actually very yummy, tho I hear it depends on the location you go to. The menu was hilarious. Los wingos?? Word?? Los booze y brews?? Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer??? Drink responsibly, have at least two??? Practice safe mex??? Lololol. I had a peach margarita and the dance marathon burrito. It was chicken, spicy spinach, rice, black beans, portabello mushrooms. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!! So delicious!! Or excuse me. For Stace and Karamale, muoy delicioso! Hahaha bitches!! I know you guys thought I was going to mess it up. Stop hatin on me.

So after that, I met a co-worker in the Oakland section of the city to go to a bar. We were supposed to go bar-hopping but her sister's friend's band was performing at Peter's Pub. We went there but it turns out they were last... so we were stuck there all night... wow... The band wasn't bad. None of them. I just don't want to sit at a bar listening to rock music for 2 hours when that wasn't the original plan. I would like to recognize a single song. But I was glad to be out of the house! Ahhh yeah!

Last week was pretty uneventful. One of my favorite coworkers is moving to Orlando :( so sad. So I'm in charge of planning the longest good-bye ever. It started Sunday at the Grand Concourse. Yummiest brunch ever. Would you like to know what I had? Here we go. 3 mimosas (stop hatin, everyone had 3), lemon chicken w/mushrooms and artichokes, hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, bacon, chicken fingers, penne pasta, smoked blue fish, hot apple dumpling, french vanilla ice cream, key lime pie, fudge brownie, white chocolate cheesecake. Now before you start gettin all crazy wondering where I put it all. For the meats, I only had one piece of each. For the dessert, I had one small square of each except the dumpling. I ate all of it. Yummmmmm. Still a lot of food right? But it was soooooo yummy. And clearly I left some stuff. We're going back next week. Round 2 son.

Then we went to Bar Louie for another drink. I had a strawberi fizz martini. Stoli strawberi, cointreau, champagne, strawberry puree and a fresh strawberry. Yummmm. Wednesday we're doing drinks somewhere. Thursday, Chili's, Bar 11, Jack's Bar (classic Pgh bar on the South Side), and Town Tavern. So get ready for those details. I'll stop being so lazy and post more often. Or I'll try anyway. I make no promises.

8 comments:

Jonzee said...

They will be right here in Cleveland on August 5 @ the House of Blues. Afterward ?love will be DJ'ing at the B-Side Lounge.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if KJ remembers the time we overslept and missed picking up tickets to the $2 bill show they did @ the 930 club in DC...


Girl...the Roots sell out EVERYWHERE.


if they got colleges...the roots sell out.


remember...

Pitt= Philly kids= Roots sellouts.


<---discovered the Roots while in Pittsburgh LONG before they hit....theyve been Big since forever.

Jameil said...

jonz... ahhhhhh see?? that's what i'm talkin bout! and that's not far from pgh. but i have to work that wkend :(

dp... dang homie $2??? i mean i know they're from philly and all but still. whatever. lesson learned.

the joy said...

your bf lives in ct? what part? i'm from there...

Jameil said...

bristol

Elle Willa said...

See, what you ain't know about The Roots is that the HIPPIES and general Backpackers LOOOOVE, LOOOVE, LOOOVE The Roots. So you can't sleep on those tickets, cause the white kids snatch'em up. Stop being so black and buy tickets in advance next time. LOL.

Karamale said...

muoy? you did mess it up. it's muy. that reminds me of one of my favorite childhood sayings: boo, oy!

Jameil said...

miss ashli... we would've been a mess!! lolol aww! 10b! i love you 10b!! what if there was some loser there now not carrying on the 10bness. wouldn't that be awful?

elle... its not black. i didn't know the ticketmaster locations here. and since i didn't know the roots had such a strong following, i had no idea. never been a roots fan.

sorry kara... i'll just stop trying since you BEAT ME UP everytime i do it. :P hater.