2.20.2009

Oddity Overload

Um... what? I keep seeing these things that prompt that precise statement from me. It's too accurate.

There are two places where the craziest activities happen: the Plaza of the Americas and the Union lawn.
This semester I have seen:
*hammocks set up between trees, 3 at one time -- one was a hammock bunk bed with one up high and one down low. TIGHT ROPES set up b/t trees with people walking on them.
*2 guys walking around with signs stating, "Free Hugs" walking around with arms outstretched. I was stressed out that day and considered it. I only refrained because Rashan was coming to town.
*An obstacle course set up that looked like a giant bounce house the length of a football field.
*Matted jousting area like those things on gladiator except on an inflated bounce house-type thing.
*A rock climbing wall.
*A guy doing planks in the stairwell. Complete with grunting and the scent that told me he'd been doing sweat-producing activities for a while already.
*A guy gently prodding a miniature soccer ball along with his foot while carrying food inside.
*A giggling blindfolded girl being led along by another giggling girl.

The last 6 were in the last 2 days. Um... what?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to be where you are!! All the weirdos live close by you!

DaniColoredGlasses said...

Is it bad that my immediate thought was...I can guess the racial makeup of the oddity participants?? Because Hu would've shut all of that down...lol...stay away maybe the antics are contagious lol

Momisodes said...

Wow! It's like a circus...or fair over there :)

Adei von K said...

wait, there was a bunk bed hammock!?!??!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE TAKE A PICTURE NEXT TIME YOU SEE THAT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!! THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING IN THE WORLD TO ME!!!

you so go to a white school. i don't think i could ever say that enough.

Sparkling Red said...

University is bizarre. Half the people there are like I AM SO SERIOUS TAKE ME SERIOUSLY OR ELSE! and the other half are all about being drunk, rebellious, and as weird as possible. It's like it's own little alien world.

Rashan Jamal said...

better not get no free hugs from some strange dude. LOL

Yeah, that place is weird, but I have to admit I kinda like it. If only it was at the University of Georgia..

the joy said...

Lol I wanna go to your school! Its like bizarro world!

I'd wanna be on the top hammock bunk. I can't be having people fall on me.

Liz Dwyer said...

Planks in a stairwell??? Now THAT is beyond weird!

p_nami said...

I like the free hugs idea. Would refrain from getting one...but cute idea still.

Sounds like that girl was being led to a big surprise. Wonder what it was?

Southerner in Suomi said...

You have obviously grew up in a cracker saturated environment, but with negro tendencies in your household.
Then you went to a (bougie) negro college.
All this stuff is pretty normal at a SEC (cracker saturated) college.

Wow. I sound uber racist.

Open Grove Claudia said...

That is odd. I'm never sure what makes it all happen - youthful energy? joy of spring?

It's kinda cool though!

Jameil said...

epsi... umm... ok. you can have them!!

dani... girl you know it. and contagious??? better not be!!

momisodes... right??

adei... I KNOW!! i feel like i need my camera DAILY but that would be one more thing to cart around w/me so it's out.

red... right?? so odd.

rj... jealous? shoot me if i think about going to UGA.

joy... this is appealing to you??? wow... you and epsi... that's what i was saying except it was so high i was like, how did you get up? w/ a boost from bottom hammock??

liz... i know!! and he was FUNKY.

doll... lol. i know. i couldn't help but smile. idk what it was but they looked all kinds of crazy. i thought it was probably some sort of rush exercise.

v... did you just say cracker like 15xs? wow.

Jameil said...

claud... idk! lol. but you can have it!