1.24.2007

Vanity is thy name you selfish media maven you

I am so vain its ridiculous. I don't even do it on purpose. I look in every reflective surface available. Most of my Hampton friends have this same problem. A mirror, any mirror, every mirror, a giant plate glass window. The plate glass is my fave because you can walk past them and pretend you're not looking or that you're only looking at the display. Except I always manage to preen somehow whether its a hair pat or a slight turn to get a different angle as I walk past. It's ridiculous. But great. Hahahaha.

We had a legal seminar at work and I loved it. I was like wow I'm TOTALLY going to law school. Not. Legalese bores the crap out of me. I just like news of the weird-type stories and other stuff out of the ordinary. That's it. I was captain of the debate team in high school. My coach tried to get me to consider a career in law. I passed on that (obviously). Plus reading dream's law school tribulations, I do not have the study patience for law school. I like to read, but COME ON! No thanks.

I can be so selfish sometimes. Kyle has this long lost friend who went to his mom's house to say hi and get his phone number. She called while I was talking to him and he was like, let me call you back. I go ok, then throw a temper tantrum as I'm hanging up. He heard it (hahaha) and when he called me back was like, "What was that?" I go, "What? I didn't feel like sharing you right then. I can't help it. Sometimes I'm just bratty." Hilarious. I'm spoiled. We know it.

How about I love my bf. He's fab. One of my co-workers told me every time she asks me about him I get this giant grin. Know why? Because he makes me sooooooo happy. He's wonderful. AND he's coming to visit me for Valentine's Day. YAY!!!!!

16 comments:

Dreamlover said...

hahaha, the law bores you huh?

Well, take it from me, it doesn't get anymore interesting, haha.

And he is coming to visit you for Valentines, AW!!

And yeah, that was very bad getting mad because his long lost friend called, tut tut!! ;0)

And I am always checking out my hair in every available reflection space.

Toni "Turtle Dove" Phoenix said...

Yeah law is boring but forensics... now thats interesting. Aw... your boosky is coming. Hip Hip Hooray for Valentine's day...

We Go said...

Yes, law school is a God awful experience. LMAO I can't tell you how good it feels to be done. Its only been a month for me and I don't want to go anywhere near the building even for a second.

*I meant to tell you that I changed my blog address...so I am not princess anymore. I couldn't email you or anything so here I am again. LOL I don't even know you but your blog is always so interesting and any friend of Karamale is a friend of mine. :)

CNEL said...

LoL @ the mirrors. Atleast yours is externalized or turned into self-confidence, and not a disdain or outright for others.


So I was visiting a newsroom over the weekend and saw two fashionistas and thought of you. One was exec producing the weekends, and the other was a reporter, an up and comer.

Law fascinates me too, and law school is possible for me, though likely not right after college.

So glad the B.F. is coming to visit you for V-Day. We can't have you writing off one of the most important holidays LoL.

GreatWhyte said...

I totally feel you on the tantrum when the BF was hanging up to talk to his friend. I do that ALL the time!!!!!!! Hooray for him coming to visit for Valentine's Day. I'm trying not to be such a "love day" hater in my old age. Have fun for me too :)

Anonymous said...

At least you admit you have a problem! lol.

I am hating the fact that Valentine's Day is coming up. I may do something for all the women at my job (since I am the only male)

Jarrod said...

I got my media law fix in Hampton. One semester was all I needed. Congrats on the B.F. coming to see you. Boo and hiss on Valentine's Day. I'm a love hater, sue me.

shani-o said...

YES!! to being vain. I picked up that little habit from Lauren. Sometimes a "Damn, I look GREAT!" is all you need to get through a sucky day.

Don't Oppress Me said...

Ha! My firends are forever making fun of me for using the back of my ipod as a mirror. This is how I feel about it: I'm sexy. They're just gonna have to deal with it.

Great minds. You and I, we're collectively fabulous, lol!

Ms.Honey said...

I thought of law school but I've decided upon grad school, we'll see how that goes.

AWWWWW you smile when you think of BF...

Don't worry I am somewhat spoiled when I want attention as well and I glance at the glass in the store window trying to see how big the booty is LOL

Big J said...

Nothing wrong with being vain. You gotta preserve the sexy.

theurbanista said...

i wasn't feeling the whole law school thing either. my ex is an attorney and so is my daddy. so i don't think highly of men who practice law right now.

i do the vain mirror thing too. i can't help it. i even talk in the mirror to see how i look when i saw things.

theurbanista said...

say things... my bad.

Southerner in Suomi said...

I don't do the mirror thing too much. I just like to have random thoughts about how I'm better than everybody. Lol.

And up with brattyness!!!

Southern Girl said...

I have friends who are in Law school, thought they had the passion for it, and now when I talk to them, they are so depressed!!
Glad the BF is coming for V-day!!
P.S.~I have a valentine!!!! YAY!!!

And the mirror thing, girl thats why you hot, you hot cuz you fly!!!!

Adei von K said...

you are SUCH a brat!!!!

and.... how are you going to be so vain and call me out for being conceited?!?!?! i don't think i'm conceited ALL the time but clearly, you look in every reflective surface possible. i got your ass.

i think that is sooooooooo presh that he's coming in on V-Day!!! YAY noir amor!