Yay!!! New goals!
1) REALLY learn to swim. I can float, I know what the strokes look like and I might not drown in a pool but yeah... it ain't pretty! Let's make it pretty!
2) Go parasailing.
3) Go waterskiing!
4) Have at least two children... Let's all pray for twins, thanks. I've always wanted them. I used to read books about twins and other multiples from about 4th grade on. AND I just found out girl twin in French is jumelle. That is way too close to the pronunciation of my name for me to say it's anything but a sign! :)
5) Read 26 more classic books.
⁃ a. The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. DuBois
⁃ b. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez This is my bf Stace's fave book. I love Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera so I'm not sure why I have avoided this book.
⁃ c. Soul on Ice by Eldridge Cleaver
⁃ d. Ain't I A Woman?: Black Women and Feminism by bell hooks
⁃ e. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
⁃ f. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
⁃ g. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig
⁃ h. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
⁃ i. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
⁃ j. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott How I've gone so long w/o reading this in its entirety, I don't know.
⁃ h. A Good Man is Hard to Find by Flannery O'Connor
⁃ i. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
⁃ j. The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain
⁃ k. As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
⁃ l. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
⁃ m. Let Us Now Praise Famous Men by James Agee and Walker Evans
⁃ n. The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac
⁃ o. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
⁃ p. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
⁃ q. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
⁃ r. You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down by Alice Walker
⁃ s. The Delta of Venus by Anais Nin
⁃ t. Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
⁃ u. Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
⁃ v. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
⁃ w. Emma by Jane Austen
⁃ x. Moby Dick by Herman Melville
⁃ y. Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- z. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
6) Pay off a student loan.
7) Take my mom on a trip out of the country.
8) Create a family tradition. I think an annual trip to the beach and/or out of the country would be amazing!
9) Maintain a budget for one year.
10) Read My Utmost for His Highest every day for a year.
11) Save $10,000 toward a house.
12) Eat a non-breakfast vegetarian meal one day per a week for a year.
13) Start a garden.
14) Go to Mexico (preferably with Rashan).
15) Learn to skateboard. Lol!
16) Take skiing lessons.
17) Go on an international cruise. I went on a river cruise of a few hours while in the Netherlands in 2000 but I want to cruise that lasts at least a few days.
18) Ride in a hot air balloon!
19) Make cheese. I saw Rick Bayless do it and now I want to do it myself!
20) Go trapeze-ing! Yessssss!! That sounds sooooo awesome!
21) Go to Taste of Chicago.
22) Win an major award for teaching or documentary.
23) Go paintballing!
24) Visit 5 new states.
25) Go to the Caribbean.
26) Run a half marathon.
27) Run a marathon.
28) Brush up on my French to become conversant again.
29) Reactivate my membership in my sorority.
30) Go to a Carolina Panthers game.
31) Run a race in another country.
32) Go to Vegas.
33) Complete a triathlon.
34) Complete a race to the top! You run up the stairs of a skyscraper. Sounds fun! Also, I'm gonna need some stair practice!
35) Complete my 30 Before 30 List. LOLOL
Any goals you want to hit?