9.14.2006

Justin Timberlake... and a tangent

Not a fan of the guy. I think he tries too hard to prove his Black influences. We get it. You think black people are "awesome." Stop tryin so hard.

I also did not like the way he threw Janet under the bus after the wardrobe malfunction fiasco. I know he apologized about that like 2 weeks ago but its too little too late.

That being said... had my bloggers not stalked my comments section into submission, I would never have given that cd a chance. Ever. I went to my usual source, AOL Music to shut you guys up.

And fell in love. DAAAAAAAAAYUM! Wow. The cd is really good. Its a solid, quality album. I can see why he apologized to Janet. He knew Black people could and would love his album, but first he had to go try to right a wrong because we don't forget stuff like that. We still haven't forgotten. But my bloggers (damn you) made me open my eyes. So now I have to go buy the cd because it only has 12 songs (you know that's one of my pet peeves), but its 66 minutes... whoa. Five minutes per song? That's what I'm talkin about. And 5 minutes well spent.

Take note Beyonce! Ooh low blow. I'm gettin death threats after that one, right X and La? The cd is horrid. Ok maybe horrid is too strong but absolutely not one of her best releases. She should've waited. Throwing that cd together in 3 weeks, then telling everyone like you're proud of that... should've kept that to yourself. Because your dirty draws are showin (southernism for you yankees). That means you put your business on the street and its not too cute. Beyonce is talented, there is no doubt about that. We heard Dangerously in Love.

So let me give you the B-day review I'll give anyone who will listen (also heard this one on AOL Music in its entirety. The difference: it made me keep my money instead of spend it). I actually like "Ring the Alarm" a lot better w/o the visual of that psychotic video that makes everyone think she would kill Jay-Z if he ever tried to leave her. Upgrade U is a great club banger. Deja Vu... not so much. Irreplaceable is replaceable. Green Light... ehhh. Sugar Mama.. pass. Resentment... DING DING DING! Best song of the cd. Too bad its the last song. I'll pass on this one B. Let me know when you get back to singing. *yawn* Anyway this post is dedicated to Clay Cane who does a wonderful job on Beyonce for the sake of comedy. I LOVE CLAY CANE!! :D And ladies and gentlemen, his latest, which garnered an amazing 15k hits and some aaaaaaangry beyonceans. Is that what B fans call themsevles? That woman has some true Stans (thanks dp :D lolol).

16 comments:

Dreamlover said...

I'll have to check it out, he still annoys the beep out of me though!

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay...i don't know how you were able to get on my old posts....that was old....keep up with the times...lol...justin timberlake...you like the 3rd person this week talkin' 'bout that...

GreatWhyte said...

First fof all, "Stans?" WORD? I'm gonna save my diatribe just out of spite :) but you know I love the album. My only complaint was that it didn't have that one ballad like "Dangerously in Love" that makes you really feel it. But anyway.... Timberlake? I have been a fan for a while, but this album is FANTASTIC. I went to Circuit City yesterday to get it and they were sold out, so I went next door to Virgin and actually spent $16.25 plus tax. So I must have really been pressed :) Get your sexy on....

La said...

YES! YES! SPEAK Jam!!! lol

I sooo didn't wanna like Justin's album after he fucked my girl Janet over. But dammit if it ain't one of the best albums I've heard this year! lol

Now Miss B, I love her. Her album, notsomuch. She needs to scrap this one, spend more than 2 weeks on the next one and go back to letting Daddy be in charge. lol

Southern Girl said...

You are so funny!! You were like, I don't like him, yadda yadda, then bam! ur in love...that was funny! Your right though, his CD is really good! WAYYYY better than B's(i still have faith in her though)...my fav.."My Love"!!

Jameil said...

dream... trust me. i know. but its worth it.

sarcasstik... i don't know why until i went thru your link on here i didn't see anything but the old post. that's bizzare. BLOGGER BE TRIPPIN!

x... lolol. see? i wasn't even calling you a stan but if the shoe... lolol daaaaaamn! $16.25? The bf spent bout a grip for his too. i told him he needed to buy it, that he would love it. he didn't believe me b/c we have such different taste in music. i may not know all the time but i KNEW.

he bought it... and he loves it. said its the best r&b album since confessions... whoa. but he has a flair for the dramatic...

AND i let my dad listen, he LOVED sexy back. you should have seen him jookin in the car. i FELL OUT!! omg!!!! it was so hilarious!

la. tell b again. this was NOT her best work. not even close.

southern... bet i won't buy the next b album cold. nope. you have shaken my faith in you putting out a worthy cd. i need some proof now homes. get that together.

CNEL said...

I'm with you on the Beyonce critique J.

Got to find out what Mr. Timberlake is about first.

Can you tell B again that throwing a CD together ain't a damn point of pride, it's one of weakness, cause we needed some more quality to B Day.

"Because your dirty draws are showin (southernism for you yankees)."

This yankee got that and is running with it. I got some southern influences the grandparents all migrated from the south South Carolina and North Carolina.

Ladynay said...

I haven't heard a bad review of JT's album yet...

Madam DLBG said...

100% upset with the beYAWNce album...I was pissed off when I got my cd, and I didn't even pay for it!!!

I'm a Justin fan mainly because he always has the best producers in the game. Even tho SexyBack don't make a lick of sense and the lyrics are trash, I be JAMMIM to the Timbo track!!!

Cosign on the "My Love" being the best track...tho I may be bias because I love ANYTHING TI does.

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

im glad to see somebody re-discovered that music exists beyond 4 minutes long....

the joy said...

i dont think i want b's now. the people have spoken. but i love justin though i havent got his album yet. i still play justified like its new.

Jameil said...

cnel.. well tell her to pull her pants back up please.

lady... don't think you will.

madam.. b needs to be beat for that cd. still not a fan of jt but i like the cd. you see tim produced every song but maybe two out of the 12.

ace.. YES! and damn what took so long?! so annoying.

joy... leave b at the store. get it burned if you just must know. not worth the money. if you're a justin fan what are you waiting for? you will curl up and die over this cd.

shani-o said...

See... I liked B's CD better than Justin's. But I think his has stronger singles ("Chop Me Up" is my JAM!) tempered by some weaker ballads. I like B'Day better overall. And YES! "Resentment" is that song - I'm on a mission to make people listen to it.

Jameil said...

shani... bday better? surely you jest... wow...

Jarrod said...

That Timberlake is good. But I gotta say the best song is the one with him and Three 6 Mafia. Yes, that Three 6 Mafia.

Jameil said...

jarrod... hahahaha. at first i thought he was trying too hard then i was like you know what? he's from memphis. its like those kids on my super sweet 16. yeah they're white but 36 is from there. they've probably been listening to them as long or longer than i have (about 6 years). i like it but its not my fave. my love came on in the club last night and i almost lost my mind!!! lolol